U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2012, 01:17 AM

2,089 posts, read 3,867,172 times

Advertisements

Please Play 05 Song ~ You Took Tomorrow

NOW PLAYING: Written, Recorded And Unreleased (direct from Latent Recordings)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 03:12 PM

I realized a few weeks ago, that it's been over 9 months since Saber left, I feel cheated (and that I let him down) on so many levels ... and while I'm supposed to be feeling "better" as time passes ... I find I just feel more anger than relief.

The Who - Love Reign Over Me (QUADROPHENIA) - YouTube

Last edited by leanansidhex; 02-24-2012 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: add

Old 02-24-2012, 03:55 PM

7,329 posts, read 15,139,375 times
Leanan, you didn't let Saber down. You were the one who cared for him when he had no one. You know you did everything you could for him, out of love, with the knowledge you had then. You're experience has spurred you to learn many things since then, and share your knowledge with others, and care for the new cats in your life. I think Saber must be looking on with approval, and saying,"Everything's OK, Mom, and I love you for all you do".

Old 02-24-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Leanan, you didn't let Saber down. You were the one who cared for him when he had no one. You know you did everything you could for him, out of love, with the knowledge you had then. You're experience has spurred you to learn many things since then, and share your knowledge with others, and care for the new cats in your life. I think Saber must be looking on with approval, and saying,"Everything's OK, Mom, and I love you for all you do".
thank you, just.... thank you

Old 02-26-2012, 10:08 PM

For Buster Biggs and Callie, Ruby Jewel and Alle, Mariah and Jess, Jake and "Pie", Duncan and Bruno, Booboo and Brandi, Priscilla and Katana, Cindy and Billy, and Cordy, and the dogs of Rowan County

kat949 ~ rrbailey5 ~ lucknow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugCpitUSvDI

Last edited by leanansidhex; 02-26-2012 at 10:58 PM.. Reason: link

Old 02-27-2012, 10:03 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,034,866 times
Very soothing. Love this.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:29 PM

2,187 posts, read 4,140,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex View Post
For Buster Biggs and Callie, Ruby Jewel and Alle, Mariah and Jess, Jake and "Pie", Duncan and Bruno, Booboo and Brandi, Priscilla and Katana, Cindy and Billy, and Cordy, and the dogs of Rowan County

kat949 ~ rrbailey5 ~ lucknow

Margo Timmins - If I Should Fall Behind [Bruce Springsteen] - YouTube

I just saw this and listened. Thank you for sharing this - I realized today that I am nowhere close to beginning to heal yet - I have not felt this raw for a long time. Time is the ultimate healer - but not enough has passed yet. Am taking it day by day....and missing my girl......

Old 03-04-2012, 03:44 PM

Does any bird remind you of your cat?

Old 03-16-2012, 04:42 PM

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break."

An ancient Chinese belief ~ author Unknown

Old 03-16-2012, 09:20 PM

21,697 posts, read 26,050,761 times
Like some of you I am not much of a believer in anything but I did have a strange experience after my kitty Amanda died.

Shortly after I had her euthanized, I took a trip to England. One of the places I visited was the Chalice Well in Glastonbury where it is said the Chalice used by Jesus was buried. I don't know much about that. I am not even Christian. But my British friend told me the well was spiritual and if you stood by it you could hear the murmuring of what sounded like lost souls.

"Yeah, right." was my response. I stood over it and just let my mind wander. I did hear something that sounded like voices but I chalked that up to the bubbling of the water. Then suddenly I thought I heard a faint "meow." I kind of felt my deceased kitty being around me. In my thoughts I told her in my mind I was sorry I had to put her down and I felt guilty about it although she was very sick and there was no hope.

Again I heard the faint "meow." But it somehow made me feel relaxed and peaceful. I didn't feel badly about Amanda any longer.

I told my friend and said that I thought it was just something in my head and needed to be released so I could make peace with my decision. The well and the sounds were just kind of a catalyst. And especially the cat meowing in the distance.

My friend looked at me and said "What cat?" She hadn't heard a cat. I asked the others around me and they said no, they had not heard a cat either.

So was it all in my mind? I don't know. I do know my hearing is not very good and that if there had been a meowing cat others would have heard it. But whatever it is I like to believe that Amanda was telling me it was okay and it was her time to go and that she was happy.

I guess it's just one of those things you can believe or not. But it was quite an experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats