U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 05:25 PM
dbp dbp started this thread

7 posts, read 8,788 times

Advertisements

Mine does. She's 6 months old and just randomly started playing fetch.... it's alot of fun!

YouTube - ‪Rambo The Cat Plays Fetch Vol. 2‬‏
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 06:05 PM

364 posts, read 390,082 times
Awe! That's a cuuuute kitten!!

My boy Harley, plays fetch with me all the time, too!!

YouTube - ‪Harley playing fetch.‬‏

Old 06-16-2011, 07:34 PM

8,947 posts, read 16,520,453 times
My senior (12 years old) boy does, has always done, with his fur mice. If I point the camera at him he stops though, the meany. And my last Red Boy did too, also all his life. He had a funny rubber toy octopus that came from a cereal box he liked to play fetch with. My kitten started to play fetch with crumpled papers, but stopped by the time she was 3 months old.

PS both are great videos, and gorgeous cats!

Old 06-17-2011, 06:33 AM

18,845 posts, read 35,352,836 times
It is a lot of fun, but my cat Mickey was tireless at it! He would carry around little pom poms all the time, leave them in his food, drop them on me at night in my bed, he wanted to play 24-7. Really, how many hours can a person throw a ball for?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:30 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,129,718 times
My cat Giselle does - she's 3 now and has been doing it since about 6 months. It's only with one toy - a loopy-string-like mouse thing (plastic body) that used to be attached to a fishing rod. It's the second one, and now this one is so ratty and I can't find another like it. We're trying to convince her that the furry mouse toys are just as fun. Her biggest pleasure is retrieving it from the window blinds if we toss it there and it gets stuck -- she doesn't climb much of the blinds, but has figured out to bang the blinds and that dislodges the mouse.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:46 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,411,815 times
Fritz plays fetch with his pink plastic toy, it looks like those loopy plastic things you pull off the milk when you open it. I'll wake up in the morning and find myself laying on his toy. In the middle of the night he'll drop his toy on my chest to throw! He also carries that toy around, I'll find it in his water or food bowl. He's so funny. But yeah, cats definitely love fetch!

Old 06-17-2011, 10:30 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,680,837 times
My Asia Bear (who has since past on) used to play fetch, she would start the play by bringing me her favorite toy, a floppy little plastic alien bug. It started when she was fairly young then it changed.... she decided she didn't want to play in the day time but at odd hours of the night. I would wake up to a floppy plastic bug on my face and a purring kitty beside me. So there I was at odd hours of the night half asleep and playing fetch with my beloved kitty. lol.

Cat love to bring special prizes to the ones they love. In the wild they do that to the one in charge, bring the day's kill. When you show joy in them bringing a toy back it satisfies some little wild instinct in them that they did good and then they keep on doing it. Just wish my Asia would have kept her instinct to the day time. lol

Old 06-17-2011, 07:30 PM

18,845 posts, read 35,352,836 times
Have you seen the youtube of "Klepto kitty"?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:12 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,185,457 times
Rambo is a mighty smart and energetic kitten. I know she has captured your heart and you are very proud of her! Was she a rescue?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:20 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,185,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Have you seen the youtube of "Klepto kitty"?
Oh man, talk about a cat burglar. I loved watching him bring home the loot in the night.

Cats! Always lovably entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats