U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 07:19 AM

7,329 posts, read 15,271,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
The poster has already stated they are going to get him neutered as advised by many of us.

The cat was abandoned by the neighbor and rescued by the poster, not adopted from a shelter.

However even if the cat was adopted from a shelter, I disagree with your advice. Pets are for life, not until they become inconvenient or difficult. You don't rescue a cat, keep him for almost a year, then dump him "back at the shelter" because of a problem.
Absolutely right.
Some cats may take longer to bond but I doubt the cat would never bond to anyone but the original owner. And even if if that were the case, how would it help to take it to a shelter? It wouldn't bond to another person any better. Anyway, I think it will just take a little time and patience.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 11:00 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,144,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
The problem is he needs "fixed" to calm him down then he needs to accept you as his master.

Siamese cats are VERY close to their original owner and you smell different to him. If the cat won't accept you and bond with you you'll need to take him back the shelter.

This bred has a legend history of being guards for the King of Siam centuries so IF this cat accepts you you will have a good pet for his lifetime.

"The Siamese cat is the most popular shorthaired, purebred cat in the world. According
to legend, these cats were first seen in the temples of Siam. The first Siames cats in
literature occur in a five-hundred year old manuscript in the National Library at
Bangkok. They are pictured in drawings of cats in "The Cat book Poems" of ancient
Thailand. These cats served as pets and "temple guards." Kings and priests of Siam
revered their Siamese cats, and only royalty or wealthy persons were allowed to own
them. For this reason, the Siamese is known as the Royal Cat of Siam. In 1884, King
Chulalongkorn (son of Monkut, whose story is told in The King and I) presented a pair of
sealpoint Siamese, Pho and Mia, as a farewell gift to Owen Gould, the British Consul
General in Bangkok. These were the first cats taken from Siam to England, and the gift
was a great honor, since the royal family had bred them in the palace."

History of the Traditional Siamese

my dear i rescued the cat he was left behind when a tenant moved out better yet he was thrown out with nothing but his fur on his back. Now explain how and why the hell would i want to give him back when that worthlaess master he bonded with did not give a cats anus about him. I would NEVER give him back to a person who is abusive to him and throwing out a cat is abuse. it is also illegal in my state. I doubt this cat misses his former master because he seems VERY happy with me who treats him like a lil KING of his kingdom. It would break my hear to see him go to a shelter after having him almost a year. he loves his home and i love him . He just needs to get his family jewels removed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats