U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-06-2011, 08:10 AM
 
9,366 posts, read 16,962,595 times
Reputation: 17831

Advertisements

AWWW! What a sweet dear little torbie! I know you two will have many happy years together!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-06-2011, 11:49 AM
 
Location: Talmadge, San Diego, CA
14,946 posts, read 30,285,807 times
Reputation: 9418
What a cutie!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2011, 10:33 PM
 
Location: wrong planet
5,151 posts, read 10,975,961 times
Reputation: 4270
what a gorgeous little girl. Congratulations on your new fur kid
__________________
The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it. ~Henry David Thoreau


forum rules, please read them
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2011, 02:27 AM
 
2,089 posts, read 4,004,055 times
Reputation: 2130
I just checked back, and YES! pictures.

I love that she wasn't afraid of the camera.

That's trust right there.

To happy for you to be jealous LOL
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2011, 09:56 AM
 
Location: St. Louis, MO
758 posts, read 1,560,425 times
Reputation: 943
Ooh, she's gorgeous! Look at those hindlegs!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2011, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
1,300 posts, read 3,438,806 times
Reputation: 1219
She's beautiful!! And like everyone else I'm quite impressed with her long legs!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2011, 02:45 PM
 
10,079 posts, read 18,288,986 times
Reputation: 17323
Good luck will come your way!

Ancient Chinese believe Calicos are good luck, we have some Maneki Neko statues---waving cat--in calico, they are for good luck.

About 5 years ago, we adopted a little Calico/tortie stray. she was in pitiful condiiton, my kids found her, literally a skelton, sores all over her, it was a wonder she was alive, let alone so sweet-natured.

Well, we were down on our luck at the time. Both of us were laid off, things were tough. within one week of adopting our girl, the following happened:

we won a scratch-off for $1000

my dh got a contract position that lasted 10 months

I found a work-at-home job I continue with to this day, great for flexibility and extra cash


Coincidence? Perhaps, but......who knows? Our little tortie is now a fat, sassy cat, who chases the other cats all over the house, she rules!

Congratulations on your new kitty!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2011, 04:42 PM
 
6,441 posts, read 4,991,968 times
Reputation: 13564
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
She's a beautiful calico. look at those long, long legs. She's going to be one fast moving high jumping cat with a great conformation.
I'm thinking that when she has access to the main living area, she'll land on the top bed of the 5-1/2 foot tree in one leap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
She is a really beautiful cat. She even looks sweet.
She makes your heart melt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That's a pretty face. Her markings are gorgeous. Good luck with the spay!
She is a pretty mix. A week away from the spay.

My childhood cat was a calico and part Siamese, but all she got from being 1/4 Siamese was the yowl (handy when she wanted to be let in the house at 2 a.m. ). Slim all over she was not! LOL

PS ... I like the name Peaches.
So far she gives a mild little "hurry up" from her room while I'm getting the meals ready. Still calling her Peaches but look below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
AWWW! What a sweet dear little torbie! I know you two will have many happy years together!
Thank you! I think so, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
What a cutie!
Definitely! I'll try again with the camera but that face closeup will be a favorite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
what a gorgeous little girl. Congratulations on your new fur kid
Thanks! She is a blue ribbon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex View Post
I just checked back, and YES! pictures.

I love that she wasn't afraid of the camera.

That's trust right there.

To happy for you to be jealous LOL
She's not even afraid of the vac. She goes to the other side of the room but no skittish behavior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgemo2 View Post
Ooh, she's gorgeous! Look at those hindlegs!!
Those are champion legs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CityRelo View Post
She's beautiful!! And like everyone else I'm quite impressed with her long legs!
High fashion kitten!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Good luck will come your way!

Ancient Chinese believe Calicos are good luck, we have some Maneki Neko statues---waving cat--in calico, they are for good luck.

About 5 years ago, we adopted a little Calico/tortie stray. she was in pitiful condiiton, my kids found her, literally a skelton, sores all over her, it was a wonder she was alive, let alone so sweet-natured.

Well, we were down on our luck at the time. Both of us were laid off, things were tough. within one week of adopting our girl, the following happened:

we won a scratch-off for $1000

my dh got a contract position that lasted 10 months

I found a work-at-home job I continue with to this day, great for flexibility and extra cash


Coincidence? Perhaps, but......who knows? Our little tortie is now a fat, sassy cat, who chases the other cats all over the house, she rules!

Congratulations on your new kitty!
Marylee ... Believe it or not, in the last hour I received email from my CatWoman friend in Texas that includes a cat name of "Neko" which is Japanese for cat. I asked her to think of names for me and she sent a list. And ... I've been wondering what I could come up with that sounds like "Nike" (the 18yr old that died in Nov & I think she sent this lost one my way) but I had not come up with Neko. Two of you sent it at nearly the same time. I think I have a name for her!

Your good luck story is very interesting. Since she arrived outside the lanai all soaked in the rain, I've had regular at-home projects that provide additional income. No lottery winner yet but hey, there's a ticket waiting for Saturday night. Give your fat and sassy tortie extra hugs from me and Neko!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2018, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Groveland, FL
1,297 posts, read 2,424,520 times
Reputation: 1878
I guess the pictures deleted themselves over the years since this was posted.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2019, 04:27 PM
 
12,006 posts, read 10,879,416 times
Reputation: 22631
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
I guess the pictures deleted themselves over the years since this was posted.
I can see them with no difficulty - try again, if you're still reading here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top