U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 04:04 PM

19,856 posts, read 63,060,395 times

Advertisements

I joined the class action lawsuit several years ago after one of my cats died and 2 others were ill from eating the melamine-contaminated (from China) pet food. I submitted claims for about $2,500 in actual food and vet bills. Today I received checks totalling $804.12, my 'share" of the settlement.

Nothing can repay my beloved cat her suffering nor me the loss of her companionship, and this doesn't even pay half of what I was out of pocket. But it's something. I guess I feel that at least they had to pay. it's over now.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 08:56 PM

575 posts, read 1,875,811 times
I think that it's laughable that the companies were not held accountable by any means to what their responsibility is. It's very similar to the big gas companies and the oil spills. Sorry we wiped out entire eco-systems - here's $10 to clean it up.

The only thing we can do as consumers is speak with our wallets. Do NOT buy from these companies. Do NOT support them in any way. If Mars owns a pet company you disapprove of for example do not buy from Mars - not just stop purchasing that particular brand food. The only thing these companies here is money!

I'm sorry for your loss. Share your story - you may save someone else your heartache.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:24 AM

1,559 posts, read 3,640,151 times
I'm very sorry that your kitty died. And $800 is nothing and will not bring your beloved baby back - but at least the company did have to pay something. Kittymom - you are right, the best thing we can do is not purchase from the companies in question.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:41 PM

19,856 posts, read 63,060,395 times
This episode made me switch to American protein powder for myself. The Chinese not only contaminated our pet protein, they did it to their own baby formula. Some babies died and hundreds wee sickened.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:48 PM

2,089 posts, read 4,006,598 times
The Cost of a Pet Food Recall

In case you missed the link:

Vindication

Saber has a memorial at the Vindication site.

There is no cost, it is a gift from these wonderful people, to all those who also lost beloved pets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats