Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 12:47 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,927,603 times

Advertisements

I feel my friends pain. I tried to help her look for her cat but so far NOTHING!

What happened she went to have her cats claws cut. When she left the Shop The person who put her cat into his carrier did not close the gate on it and fasten it correctly and he pushed it open and ran from the parking lot.

She lives a mile from the shop and keeps asking do you think he will find his way home????

I don't know what to say to her since the cat was in a car and is a house cat. I don't really know if he would be able to find his way home.

I helped her by posting on Craigslist, Newspapers on line and Staples was so kind to offer to make signs for her. Tomorrow she is going to call the spca to file a missing pet. NO he did not have a a charm with his name on it or a chip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 12:57 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,138,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
I feel my friends pain. I tried to help her look for her cat but so far NOTHING!

What happened she went to have her cats claws cut. When she left the Shop The person who put her cat into his carrier did not close the gate on it and fasten it correctly and he pushed it open and ran from the parking lot.

She lives a mile from the shop and keeps asking do you think he will find his way home????

I don't know what to say to her since the cat was in a car and is a house cat. I don't really know if he would be able to find his way home.

I helped her by posting on Craigslist, Newspapers on line and Staples was so kind to offer to make signs for her. Tomorrow she is going to call the spca to file a missing pet. NO he did not have a a charm with his name on it or a chip.
That really is a bummer. A friend of mine had a cat get lost a few miles from his house. I can't remember how it happened. The cat was gone for a month and then one day my friend left for work and there was his cat sitting on the porch! He couldn't believe it. So anything is possible. I would keep going back to that area.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:01 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,158,957 times
I think a mile might be within their usual wandering range, so he might know where to go, especially if the wind blows in the right direction.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:55 AM

She is taking this BAD I did a google search and found some stories of cats who made their way back home. May take a few days but her cat may find his home. Imagining what a parent of a lost child goes through........ I feel her pain sine i too know the cat and love it.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:07 AM

I just went to the location he got lost and Saw him......but he ran away from me into a bush and it was 3.30 am an near a home........WTF should I do?????????///

I had pounce and shook it and he ran..... its in the wee hours and i dont want to freak anyone in that are out being around there home. SO I am thinking go back when the sun comes up and post a note on the persons door.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:09 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Wow! Glad you spotted him. Don't forget to put flyers at the shelters. My Mom's cat got lost, and someone adopted him, did not want to give him back.

That is terrible about how he got lost. I once left Beau at the vet overnight, and he escaped from his cage, same thing, someone careless did not fasten it correctly. He ran all around the vet's that night, fortunately the place is secured, and he could not get out.

For others, perhaps go with a mobile groomer/clipper that comes to the home. Cats can get frantic in new places, especially without their owners.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:53 AM

I posted a note on the persons door. He ran into their bushes and I am not going to go on their property with out them knowing. See what happens. He is in there I can hear him an see him but he will not come out

Old 08-05-2011, 10:04 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
My sister lost her favorite cat several years ago. She thinks it climbed into a truck owned by a guy who was visiting, took a nap, and then the guy left with it. Anyhow, the cat finally showed up again about 5 years later. You just never know.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:33 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
I posted a note on the persons door. He ran into their bushes and I am not going to go on their property with out them knowing. See what happens. He is in there I can hear him an see him but he will not come out

Can you let your friend know? She might be able to coax the cat out.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:45 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,394,180 times
I would make flyers and post in every home and business within a few blocks of where you saw the cat. also, try to contact police and let them know your situation, so you won't be accused of "stalking".

We lost a cat, posted flyers, there was a sighting a few blocks away. we sat there every night waiting for him in our car. next day, got a knock on the door from the police wantingto kinow what we were doing there! Ok, we were able to show them flyers, Craig's List postings, etc, so they believed us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats