Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 08:35 AM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,906 times

Advertisements

My Cat Zelda is age 13 and in the past two weeks has stopped eating much and drinking a lot of water. She was 12 pounds and now is 5. She is very depressed and only lies down on her stomach. She also has developed a heart murmur. I took her to a Vet and had her examined and the Vet said she most likely has CRF. I could not afford the $140 blood test, but did find a Vet that will do it for $48 and am taking her in tommorow. In the meantime, she is drinking water and eating only a bit of food and I am watching her closely. I am so worried about my baby and need advice. I do not want to put her to rest. Please help. I have had her for years. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 09:42 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,286,244 times
I wanted to reply right away, before looking for and posting links that might help you and Zelda, to let you know your not alone, I'll be here all day and others will be online soon.

This link is to my first post at CD after I lost my boy.

This may NOT be what you need to read today, it is very sad, it's just to let you know I understand how overwhelming and heartbreaking your situation is.

I can look up any specifics about the blood tests etc. on some very good sites I have access to, and there are many medically trained PO that I'm sure will respond when they log in.

I'm SO SORRY this is happening.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:48 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,789 times
Get supplies to do subQ fluids, have the vet tech teach you. This can greatly improve the quality of your baby's life and extend it. Learn how to syringe feed her to supplement her feeding. And definitely check out the following site.

Tanya's Comprehensive Guide to Feline Chronic Renal Failure

And join:
Feline-CRF-Support : Chronic Renal Failure Cats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats