Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 09:27 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times

Advertisements

I once visited these two elderly gentlemen, one had been an actor, the other a college professor. They had a beautiful home, and two persians, one named "Jennifer", I don't remember the other ones name, anyway, Jennifer was about 13, and obviously dominated the household. She was catered to, every room had cat toys, cat beds, a bird cage full of finches, a large aquarium, a drinking fountian, it was incredible. The men were retired, and stopped travelling due to their health, and basically these cats were their lives. It was amazing.

I am telling you, I would trade places with Jennifer in a nano-second. They let her out in the yard on a lead, a beautiful home, two men doting on her 24-7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 12:25 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,645,588 times
I don't have it go below 65 in here. Amber likes one of those cozy pads that has a thermal reflecting layer inside. She's been using it now but ignores it in the summer when it's in the high 70s in here.

This is the type of thing I'm talking about (in fact I believe I bought it here) Cat Beds: Drs. Foster & Smith Cozy Cushion® for Cats: Heated Cat Beds and Pads

Note that link says "heated" but this pad is not heated. It calls it "self-heating" sometimes. Basically, it's made to be slightly better than a regular fabric at reflecting the cat's own body heat back at it, making it a little warmer than other spots. And it's washable.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:28 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,763,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I once visited these two elderly gentlemen, one had been an actor, the other a college professor. They had a beautiful home, and two persians, one named "Jennifer", I don't remember the other ones name, anyway, Jennifer was about 13, and obviously dominated the household. She was catered to, every room had cat toys, cat beds, a bird cage full of finches, a large aquarium, a drinking fountian, it was incredible. The men were retired, and stopped travelling due to their health, and basically these cats were their lives. It was amazing.

I am telling you, I would trade places with Jennifer in a nano-second. They let her out in the yard on a lead, a beautiful home, two men doting on her 24-7.

Damn I want that life even if I have to be a cat to get.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:02 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
I'll bet the finches in the bird cage weren't thrilled.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:18 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I'll bet the finches in the bird cage weren't thrilled.

We think alike on that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats