U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 10:43 AM

7,768 posts, read 7,998,506 times

Advertisements

Idiot. I told her I don't let my cats go outside. I live right next to a very busy intersection at Pacific Coast Highway. I showed her how to use the harness if she wanted to take Toby outside, but only if she kept her eye on him the whole time and kept him only in our back yard.

So the first night she slept there she slept with the french doors in her bedroom flung wide open. She figured since she closed the cats out of the room on the other side of the bedroom door it would be okay. Except the moron got up in the middle of the night, opened the bedroom door and went into the kitchen to get a drink of water — leaving the outside door still standing wide open (never mind that I spent a fortune installing a brand new window in that room so that someone sleeping in there would have a way to get fresh air in!). Apparently that's when Toby saw his opening and ran out.

Only she didn't notice.

And she didn't call to let me know until the next night, which was last night.

I haven't heard from her yet today, but if she had found him she would have called. I am so angry and I feel so helpless being nearly 2,000 miles away.

Please come home little Toby.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 11:07 AM

12,164 posts, read 20,141,765 times
I'm so sorry.. I'd be devastated if I lost my Tobey cat.

I hope he comes home today.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:20 AM

1,457 posts, read 3,882,344 times
I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Since you have pictures available to you, I would contact your local shelter at least and let them know that he is missing. Do you know your neighbors, can you contact them too? I would be livid with that sitter too. I realize accidents happen but some people don't realize how much they mean to us. Hope Toby is found!!

Old 02-20-2012, 11:28 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,872,725 times
I would be outraged and worried sick.
Hoping kitty is home safe soon!

Old 02-20-2012, 12:18 PM
GPC

1,284 posts, read 3,230,374 times
I hope Toby comes home or is found soon. He's so cute. I'd be very upset too. Let us know what happens. Good luck. Hopefully he's just hanging out in a neighbor's yard and will be home soon.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:31 PM

39,320 posts, read 69,847,444 times
What a sweet boy! Everyone here has all paws crossed for Toby's safe return.

I'd be furious as well, and feeling helpless.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:48 PM

7,329 posts, read 15,602,965 times
You must be worried sick. How long are you going to be away? If it's much better, you'd better contact animal control and local shelters now so they're aware someone is looking for Toby if someone brings him in. I'm very sorry you're going through this, and hoping for Toby's safe return.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:56 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,553,596 times
Oh, I'm so so sorry!! I would be a wreck and very angry. I hope baby boy comes home soon!

Old 02-20-2012, 01:09 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,243,353 times
I'm so sorry this happened to you...what a moron that cat sitter is, I'd be furious...praying for Toby's safe return (((HUGS))).

Old 02-20-2012, 01:18 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,984,526 times
Toby may have just been upset that someone new is in the house. Usually, they don't go far and he will show up shortly after he knows you are home again. Maybe your neighbor can put some food out for him until you return. My little twit will hide under the neighbor's porch where I can't see her when she is out and something frightens her. After many hours she will make a dash for the safety of her own home, usually around dinner time.

The sitter's story sounds a little off to me but I suppose it is possible.

Please keep us posted as I know how distressing it can be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats