Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 10:22 AM

46 posts, read 224,491 times

Advertisements

At least I'm assuming that's what he's doing. He starts purring and kneading my arm and starts to nibble on my skin between the area he's kneading (if that makes any sense). It's kind of cute but it's also happening at 5 in the morning, which makes it annoying. I've had him since he was 6 weeks old, if that makes any difference. He's never really done it prior to a week ago.

Has anyone else had this experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 03:06 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Not on my arm but my 8 year old cat has "nursed" since she was a kitten on me. If I have a fuzzy blanket on my lap she will do it or if I am laying in bed on my side she will "nurse" on the blanket on my stomach. That is about the only time she purrs.

I haven't tried to break her much but it does get annoying when I am trying to sleep so I push her away and she sleeps at the end of the bed.

I had a cat years ago that "nursed" on my fuzzy slippers. He would do it anywhere he found the slippers. If I was wearing them he sometimes clawed my foot so I had to push him away.

Some cats so this and others aren't interested in it. I don't have a problem with it myself if it doesn't irritate me. LOL

Old 02-27-2012, 03:48 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
I used to have a cat that would suck on my hair when I went to bed. It was cute when he was a kitten, but when he became an adult it became annoying. I finally had to shut him out of the bedroom so I could sleep in peace.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:08 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Cookie curls up next to me and sucks her toes while kneading whatever is in front of her. I think it's cute.

Checkers will knead anything that's soft and fluffy ... including me!

Old 02-27-2012, 06:28 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I have a 3 year old cat who does this. I don't think she is going to grow out of it, it's just part of her personality.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:04 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummifuzz View Post
At least I'm assuming that's what he's doing. He starts purring and kneading my arm and starts to nibble on my skin between the area he's kneading (if that makes any sense). It's kind of cute but it's also happening at 5 in the morning, which makes it annoying. I've had him since he was 6 weeks old, if that makes any difference. He's never really done it prior to a week ago.

Just don't sleep bare chested. Those little teeth can be sharp!

Old 02-28-2012, 12:07 PM

46 posts, read 224,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
Just don't sleep bare chested. Those little teeth can be sharp!

Old 02-28-2012, 05:50 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Default Lots of cat massages and nursings on Youtube

cat massaging dog - YouTube

cat nursung blankets - YouTube

Old 02-28-2012, 05:53 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummifuzz View Post

My little boy cat nursed (or nee need) my earlobe for about a year after we got him. He would settle down beside me in bed and start sucking on my ear. I thought it was precious and I was a little disappointed when he stopped.

Even now, about 11 years later he will come up by my head and sniff my ear at night, but he doesn't have any interest in nee neeing any longer.

I hope when I get another kitten he does it. It's so sweet and innocent.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats