U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 02:52 AM

2 posts, read 1,624 times

Advertisements

I really rate Blue Buffalo as a company. In my experience they're very pro-active as a business, and seem to really care about their products. They had some bad press before with a few recalls, and going by the communication I've had with them they're trying to put that behind them and progress.

Both their dog and cat foods use really good ingredients. They're not as good as the Orijens and Acanas of this world, but they're definitely up their with the best.

Here's some of my reviews

Blue Buffalo Healthy Living (Chicken & Brown Rice) | Pet Food Ratings
Blue Buffalo Freedom (Grain Free Chicken) | Pet Food Ratings
Blue Buffalo Wilderness | Pet Food Ratings
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 07:16 AM

8,519 posts, read 16,164,621 times
Last I heard BlueBuffalo will not divulge their sources of ingredients. That's not a company I would trust.

Last edited by catsmom21; 12-21-2013 at 07:33 AM..

Old 12-21-2013, 05:13 PM

380 posts, read 748,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteMae View Post

...Both their dog and cat foods use really good ingredients. They're not as good as the Orijens and Acanas of this world, but they're definitely up their with the best.

Here's some of my reviews ....

PLEASE read up on cats www.catinfo.org strict CARNIVORES if you are aiming for your review site to be considered a reliable source?

Old 12-26-2013, 05:28 PM

16,826 posts, read 10,984,256 times
Also, if you are in conversations with BB, could you maybe ask them what the percentages of calories, on a dry matter basis, come from proteins, fats, and carbs in their various lines of foods?

If they give you numbers, I will revise my negative opinion of Blue Buffalo.

If they tell you that's proprietary information, my stance remains unchanged.

If the Fancy Feasts of this world have nothing to hide, then BB shouldn't either, especially if their foods are as wholesome as their very extensive, shiny advertisements would suggest. But it's my opinion that they sell to uneducated owners on the basis of clever marketing, not on the grounds of food that is really, truly good for cats. Where is their raw variety? Why all the veggies? Cats don't need veggies.

Again, we need a plain label version of "mouse guts and bunny brains" flavor. Something made for the cat, not the human. But until cats learn how to manage bank accounts, that's never gonna happen.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:54 AM

62 posts, read 279,634 times
Blue Buffalo is the cat food that got Bob extremely sick. I would not give it to any animal. Read the label, cellulose, a cheap filler made from trees. It has taken me several months of feeding Bob raw food to get him back to as healthy as he can be.
Blue Buffalo is not a good pet food. Wish I could send them the vet bills they caused.
Cellulose is just one on the horrible ingredients in the so called healthy pet food, there are others. I cringe when I see those horrible commercials on TV. What a scam.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:15 PM

16,826 posts, read 10,984,256 times
My vet stated that he has treated life-threatening cases of severe diarrhea in dogs fed exclusively Blue Buffalo food as well...he didn't recommend it either.

Too bad the food isn't as excellent as the packaging and advertisements, so it seems...

In other news, my local Ace hardware has just begun carrying Earthborn and Tiki Cat. Nimbus approves of the fish-free flavors I picked up (chicken based.) And their prices were lower than what Petco/Petsmart was charging for the premium brands. But they had a giant stuffed plush German Shepherd toy (life size) sitting by the pet food the first time I stopped in, and as I wandered past with my brain in 6 other places at once, somehow I didn't register that it wasn't real and it startled me. Yes. A cute stuffed animal made me about jump outta my skin. I felt like a moron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats