Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 01:21 PM

2 posts, read 1,117 times

Advertisements

I need help! What is the trick to keep my kitty out of water? The toilet, the shower/bathtub, the water dish, you name it- she plays in it. It drives me CRAZY!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 02:58 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,237,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobychew View Post
I need help! What is the trick to keep my kitty out of water? The toilet, the shower/bathtub, the water dish, you name it- she plays in it. It drives me CRAZY!!!
I'll tackle the easy one first; keep the lid down on the toilet. I'll also echo some of the responses to the older thread above, and suggest you get your cat checked by a vet to rule out any medical issues.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:58 PM

11,183 posts, read 19,336,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobychew View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum! How old is your cat? If she is older and this is a new behavior, I echo catdad7x's advice and take her to the vet for blood work.

My second question, if you cat is just young and active is, why does it drive you crazy? Water is just water, it's harmless.

Keep the lid down on the toilet and let her play in the tub/and shower (just make sure to rinse any soap out) and as already suggested in this thread, put her water bowl in a wide tray or shallow tote to contain the spills.

One other bit of advice: it may be she needs more interactive play time from you. Play with her several play sessions a day to keep her mentally stimulated and wear her out, they may reduce water games a little.

Also, what do you feed her? Diet plays a large part in behavior. Feed her wet (canned food) diet low in carbs (avoid grains and fruits and sugar)

Last edited by catsmom21; 01-09-2014 at 04:14 PM..

Old 01-12-2014, 11:44 AM

2 posts, read 1,117 times
She makes a mess all over the place sometimes has mud on her feet and tracks the mud when she play's in the water. Oh and I guess I should have mentioned this is a friend of mine that has this problem. I've been over a few times and seen her do this a few times. Ya thats true my friend is usually doing other things when she isn't home

Old 01-12-2014, 03:25 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,766,574 times
if she has mud on her feet she has more problems than playing in water. that means she is allowed outside and that is a big mistake. cat won't last very long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats