Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 11:24 AM

36,499 posts, read 53,766,574 times

Advertisements

I'm used to being batted about the face and shoulders or having my belly pounced on but this cat has a unique way of being a very annoying alarm clock. I could not stand this noise every morning and I'm wondering why they don't just let the cat sleep in the same bed?

Annoying doorstop cat. [VIDEO]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 11:26 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,353,152 times
He usually stares me awake.

But when I don't stir he slowly moves his nose in as close to my nose as he can then gives me a lick on the tip of my nose.

The combination of his bad breath and rough tongue jars me awake.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:00 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,527,214 times
Haha, if I shut the door, and there was enough room between door and floor, and one of those things was on the door, I guarantee Amber would do exactly that!

Old 04-19-2012, 01:13 PM

414 posts, read 1,088,489 times
Loud meowing outside the door if I didn't let him sleep with me. Loud meowing at the door if I did let him sleep with me. That, or knocking things off the shelves.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:23 PM

5,318 posts, read 8,484,785 times
My cat has a well-honed technique in the morning and I have to give him credit for learning it.

He has learned that he should not come up near my head and start meowing at me when he hears me start moving around.

So now what he does is crawl on to the foot of the bed after he has heard me moving around a bit. He stays at the end of the bed until I am awake enough and tell him to come up to see me. Then he walks up the bed and sits right near me, purring and staring in my face until I can't stand it any longer and get up to feed him.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:26 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,819,915 times
JJ goes straight to biting my face, which is actually one of his least annoying wake-up calls. If I successfully ignore this, he progresses to getting up on the desk and knocking over whatever he can find (which usually means my computer mouse goes flying). If I ignore this, he progresses to the most infuriating of all behaviors...chewing paper. For some reason this drives me crazy...the noise is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:29 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,161,366 times
One will jump up on one side of the bed, run across making sure he walks on my wife and I, jump down, go back around, and do it again.

One walks on chest, bites fingers, and lays on faces

The third just yells, but so do both the first two.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:47 PM

11,183 posts, read 19,336,877 times
They don't. I am usually the first up.

But in earlier years, with the cats I had then, I had one who would lick my eye lids, and if that didn't work he would lightly prick my cheek with his claw. Another would stick her whiskers up my nostril.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
He usually stares me awake.

But when I don't stir he slowly moves his nose in as close to my nose as he can then gives me a lick on the tip of my nose.

The combination of his bad breath and rough tongue jars me awake.
Bad breath is not normal for a cat. I recommend a trip to the vet for a check up. Usually it is caused by dental problems, but there are other diseases that can cause bad breath, too.

Make sure the vet does a thorough evaluation of his mouth, and takes blood to check for certain diseases that can cause bad breath in cats..

Old 04-19-2012, 02:03 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,353,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
They don't. I am usually the first up.

But in earlier years, with the cats I had then, I had one who would lick my eye lids, and if that didn't work he would lightly prick my cheek with his claw. Another would stick her whiskers up my nostril.

Bad breath is not normal for a cat. I recommend a trip to the vet for a check up. Usually it is caused by dental problems, but there are other diseases that can cause bad breath, too.

Make sure the vet does a thorough evaluation of his mouth, and takes blood to check for certain diseases that can cause bad breath in cats..
His bad breath comes from cat spit, and cat spit stinks.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:23 PM

23,875 posts, read 10,243,014 times
Coffee grinder goes, sleep in be cat is up, she will relentlessly dig me out of the covers. As soon as breakfast has been serves and devoured - back to bed:>)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats