U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2012, 10:39 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,944,440 times

Advertisements

Distributor States Canidae, Natural Balance, and one Wellness Product Recalled (http://truthaboutpetfood.com/articles/distributor-states-canidae-natural-balance-and-one-wellness-product-recalled.html - broken link)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 10:47 PM

38,760 posts, read 68,823,461 times
That's only dog food, not cat food. This is the cat forum.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:37 AM

4,849 posts, read 12,737,258 times
Wellness sure seems to be the brand to hate these days.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:46 AM

9,918 posts, read 23,115,802 times
This is the Diamond pet food South Carolina plant issue. It affects several brands that don't manufacture all their own food.

I don't think it's appropriate to single out Wellness alone in the thread title, but it is something to look into if you feed some of these foods.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:30 AM

8,895 posts, read 16,465,698 times
Up to date info on the current Diamond manufacturing plant pet food recalls can be found in this thread

Diamond recalls continue to expand

So far the only cat food affected is Kirkland brand, two formulas.

Kirkland Signature Super Premium Maintenance Cat Chicken & Rice Formula (Best Before December 9, 2012 through January 31, 2013)
and

Kirkland Signature Super Premium Healthy Weight Cat Formula (December 9, 2012 through January 31, 2013)

Old 05-05-2012, 08:14 AM

8,231 posts, read 13,248,556 times
Thank you guys so much for staying on top of this stuff, otherwise I would never know. Much appreciated.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:02 PM

3,712 posts, read 10,470,033 times
Interestingly, I went to the closest indie pet store (well, not truly indie, but not PetCo/Smart) to get some grain free California Cat. And since I said that I rotated through a few types of cat food, the woman asked if I used any of the diamond food. I mentioned that I had heard about the recall, but that I thought it was really only dog stuff - she said it was mostly but they are expanding it to anything coming from that plant. She said she just doesn't like anything form Diamond - she feels they have way to many problems and recalls (voluntary or otherwise); she just doesn't trust them. So.. I"m dropping Wellness out from our rotations (Hannah had been vomiting the canned, although the boys were fine with it, and they're kinda iffy about the kibble - we're out of cans and using up the kibble).

Old 05-06-2012, 01:48 AM

2,806 posts, read 7,166,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
Interestingly, I went to the closest indie pet store (well, not truly indie, but not PetCo/Smart) to get some grain free California Cat. And since I said that I rotated through a few types of cat food, the woman asked if I used any of the diamond food. I mentioned that I had heard about the recall, but that I thought it was really only dog stuff - she said it was mostly but they are expanding it to anything coming from that plant. She said she just doesn't like anything form Diamond - she feels they have way to many problems and recalls (voluntary or otherwise); she just doesn't trust them. So.. I"m dropping Wellness out from our rotations (Hannah had been vomiting the canned, although the boys were fine with it, and they're kinda iffy about the kibble - we're out of cans and using up the kibble).
My animals were great on Wellness for years, and then it just went downhill. It's not the same product anymore, there was barfing, diarrhea, dull coats...definitely not worth the price! As soon as I took it out of the rotation (which was quite a long time ago now) everyone improved almost immediately. I don't trust any one brand anymore enough to feed it exclusively, so I rotate several, and that's been working out really well. Luckily, Diamond isn't in our rotation...I used to give my cats some TOTW kibble as a treat now and then, but it started not agreeing with my older female so I decided to add an additional (small) portion of wet food as a "snack" between their regular portions instead, which they like better anyway.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:54 AM

36,502 posts, read 50,282,782 times
Wellness almost killed Oscar. He is gradually getting better. It's so sad when a quality product you have come to depend on goes bad.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:25 PM

575 posts, read 1,849,095 times
It is officially announced BTW it's on the wellness website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats