Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 04:48 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
My mom has lymphoma. Spooky has liver and pancreas cancer. My mom's is treatable, but Spooky's is too advanced. We were told he realistically has 1-3 months. I hope it's closer to three. He's doing well so far, and I will be gone almost the entire month of June. I would like to have some more time with him before the end.
My girl was within 2 weeks of death, she had dropped well below 5 pounds. We put her on Leukeran and prednisolone and she spent another 13 months with us - she made it just short of her 18th birthday. She had small cell lymphoma. Do you know what "type" of cancer Spooky has, vs. where it is located?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 05:53 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,800,934 times
All I know is that he has tumors on his liver and on his pancreas and that the cancer has spread to his surrounding tissues. They have put him on an anti-inflammatory and that may extend his life, but it's doubtful. He's pretty much eaten up on the inside. He's feeling good for now though. He's gets a B-12 shot today, and the appetite stimulants are helping him gain some weight back. On top of everything else (cancer, bad teeth, and a heart murmur) he has a kidney infection so he'll start an antibiotic tonight.

I was so happy to see him playing with catnip today. I took several photos and even a video. He's getting very spoiled, and he's slowly learning that if he waits for me at the bottom of the stairs, he can take the "mommy-vator" up and can skip having to walk himself. Today was a good day for him. I hope he has many, many more before the end.

Last edited by peppermint; 05-21-2012 at 07:00 PM..

Old 05-21-2012, 06:00 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times
Quote:
I was so happy to see him playing with catnip today. I took several photos and even a video. He's getting very spoiled, and he's slowly learning that if he waits for me at the bottom of the stairs, he can take the "mommy-vator" up and can skip having to walk himself. Today was a good day for him. I hope he has many, many more before the end.
Also start a notebook of all the cool things he does. It's so nice to read back on those times. It's tough to cry when the memories are making you laugh. As I said, it's a journey and you have the power to make it a good one.

Hugs!

Old 05-21-2012, 06:32 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times
Please let us know, Peppermint , how your little guy is doing. This is so hard, I know. He was so lucky to have found you & you can be certain that he knows that.

And, thank you all for your lovely posts to the OP which were so full of understanding and consolation. The people on the CATS forum are just the best.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 05-21-2012, 08:10 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Quote:
All I know is that he has tumors on his liver and on his pancreas and that the cancer has spread to his surrounding tissues. They have put him on an anti-inflammatory and that may extend his life, but it's doubtful. He's pretty much eaten up on the inside. He's feeling good for now though. He's gets a B-12 shot today, and the appetite stimulants are helping him gain some weight back. On top of everything else (cancer, bad teeth, and a heart murmur) he has a kidney infection so he'll start an antibiotic tonight.

All paws crossed that he continues to have many more playful days. I'm so sorry you have to leave him for so long. Prayers for your mother too. Be gentle with yourself.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:26 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,800,934 times
Just a picture of our Spooky-man, playing with a catnip toy today. He started his antibiotics (for the kidneys) and the anti-inflammatory (to ease the pain/pressure from the tumors) today.
Attached Thumbnails
Preparing to say goodbye to my dear friend-img_0303-web.jpg  

Old 05-21-2012, 09:34 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,570,934 times
Quote:
Just a picture of our Spooky-man, playing with a catnip toy today. He started his antibiotics (for the kidneys) and the anti-inflammatory (to ease the pain/pressure from the tumors) today.

What a beautiful boy he is. I am heartened to hear he had such a good day. I am keeping all of you in my prayers, for comfort, healing, and compassion. Love him and hold him as close as you can while you can. He would not be here today were it not for you. God bless you.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:35 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Awww. I have black cats as well and have a special soft spot for them as they are so difficult to adopt out. You did double your saving when you saved him.

And I am SO stealing, "mommy vator"!

Old 05-21-2012, 10:30 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,607,688 times
He is so VERY outstandingly beautiful!

We too had a black furry boy (I ADORE black cats & now have a tuxedo lil gal) but he was the one that passed in '08.

I am so happy he had a good day too, & hope that maybe by some miracle he'll be w/ you alot longer than anyone expects. Again, my heart & prayers go out to you & God Willing, he'll be around for many, many more good days to come.

Keep going strong, Spooky, we ALL here are pulling for you!

Old 05-22-2012, 05:59 AM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Spooky is such a handsome boy! May he have many more playful days. Hang in there. We're pulling for you both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats