Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 06:41 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times

Advertisements

I don't care how old this woman is. this is animal cruelty and she is obviously off. Can't something be done to keep this sort of thing from happening? Do you think the law officials are negligent and probably because of her age?

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...for-3rd-time-i
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 12:03 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I don't care how old this woman is. this is animal cruelty and she is obviously off. Can't something be done to keep this sort of thing from happening? Do you think the law officials are negligent and probably because of her age?

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...for-3rd-time-i
I think this is the correct URL.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...me-in-wittmann

No one in power seems to care about these hoarders torturing animals in the name of being rescues or "cat lovers." Sometimes I feel so powerless as I know that 99.9% of politicians, those who can make changes and do something, simply do not care. They will use the old line of how there isn't enough funding. What can the public do when so few people care enough to get together and get something done?

Cat Rescues could keep track of this mentally ill and cruel women who defies the law and keeps collecting more cats. Was anyone paying attention to her? I bet no one was.

Last edited by =^..^=; 05-24-2012 at 12:19 AM..

Old 05-24-2012, 01:10 AM

70 posts, read 209,683 times
Can't open the link at all.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:12 AM

70 posts, read 209,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
I think this is the correct URL.

MCSO: Woman hoarding cats for 3rd time in Wittmann

No one in power seems to care about these hoarders torturing animals in the name of being rescues or "cat lovers." Sometimes I feel so powerless as I know that 99.9% of politicians, those who can make changes and do something, simply do not care. They will use the old line of how there isn't enough funding. What can the public do when so few people care enough to get together and get something done?

Cat Rescues could keep track of this mentally ill and cruel women who defies the law and keeps collecting more cats. Was anyone paying attention to her? I bet no one was.
Yes, thank you. The link works for me.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:45 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
Thanks kitty face for posting the correct link. Don't know what happened.

The really sad thing is that true cat rescuers are measured by the activities of crazy cat ladies like this. Sets us all back.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:01 AM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:

The really sad thing is that true cat rescuers are measured by the activities of crazy cat ladies like this. Sets us all back.
There have been some disasterously run no-kill shelters that have done an even greater disservice.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:04 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Sadly, maybe this woman had no funds for food. I think this woman is sick. The cats were not well cared for. That is the bottom line, you can have 80 cats, that are well tended, with clean cat boxes. It is not the number that should be the issue, but the obvoius neglect.

Is this a cultural issue? I wonder....

Last edited by jasper12; 05-24-2012 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 05-24-2012, 05:32 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,673,640 times
isn;t she the same one that had the "community" come out and beg the authoriites to not charge her because she was doing "what nobody else would do and that was take in these poor kitties"? As i recall there was a lot of support for this nice old lady who just got in over her head but does love the cats so she didnl;t deserve jail for rescuing the poor little catsl. AND correct me if I;m wrong, didn't the police want to investigate her because they belived she was actualliy COOKING and EATING the cats, but political pressure was used to squash that investigation. Once aagin all in the name of some poor lady who was really working to save these cats from a bad faith. Am I thinking of the same person?

Old 05-25-2012, 05:01 AM

Quote:

I've had several bad experiences with 501c3 cat rescues. See my post above in the campground thread. Unless you know the person personally there is no way to know if they're a legitimate rescue or people like I turned over two fully vetted cats to. The cats would have been better off had I left them to their own devices out where I live.

One female cat I held for months waiting to get her into one of those Rescues. She was a beautiful non-matting non-deaf white cat. Sweet and gentle and fully vetted. I finally took her over to a feral colony since she liked other cats, ate anything and I couldn't keep her any longer. She would have made someone a wonderful pet.

But if I keep them all... I too will become overrun with cats and become a "crazy cat lady."

Old 05-25-2012, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Sadly, maybe this woman had no funds for food. I think this woman is sick. The cats were not well cared for. That is the bottom line, you can have 80 cats, that are well tended, with clean cat boxes. It is not the number that should be the issue, but the obvoius neglect.

Is this a cultural issue? I wonder....
She was making some kind of cat stew out of some of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats