Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 11:35 AM

605 posts, read 1,054,522 times

Advertisements

And the little one just looks so adorable - I'm so glad to hear she's doing well! Can't wait to see lots more pics!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 11:46 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinalimey View Post
Are they your goats and cats?
Yes. LOL

Someday, if I ever perfect my picture posting skills, I'll have to get a picture of Chatter (the dog) with his very own cat (Stubby), who are always cuddled up together.

Or a picture of the duck who likes to groom the dogs - and the dog (Tank) who lets her.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:47 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,573,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Yes. LOL

Someday, if I ever perfect my picture posting skills, I'll have to get a picture of Chatter (the dog) with his very own cat (Stubby), who are always cuddled up together.

Or a picture of the duck who likes to groom the dogs - and the dog (Tank) who lets her.

Gosh, you're nothing but a tease! We don't care about how good your skills are, we just want to see!

Old 06-01-2012, 11:51 AM

605 posts, read 1,054,522 times
Yes! I want to see all of them!

Old 06-01-2012, 11:56 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,021,497 times
Your kitten is adorable, but her elders have upstaged her.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
Cute. You are so kind to take care of the animals the way you do.
Thank you.

There was an article in my local paper the other day about an elderly woman who is a state licensed wildlife rescuer or rehabber, mostly focusing on orphaned small animals such as 'possums and raccoons.

She gets them as tiny babies, raises them up, and then releases them on someone's private property where she has permission to do so.

Anyway, she said in this article that this will be her final year; she's been doing this for a very long time, she gets no funding - it's all out-of-pocket expense for her, and she's tired.

My first thought when I read that was, "I could do that!" My second thought was, "Are you nuts?"

It would be very tempting for me to do something like that but my own animals have me stretched pretty darn thin with my time, energy, and money.

I do always drive slowly past any roadkill 'possums - just in case.

I'm a little concerned about the Baby this morning. She's eating great, and in fact, I switched her from a 6 cc syringe to a 10 cc syringe because she's typically taking as much as 8 cc's per feeding, and by using the larger syringe, I can just put that much in at the beginning and I don't have to pull the empty one away to refill when she's in the middle of suckling. She's peeing and pooping great.

But......she hasn't gained any weight in the last two days. She hasn't lost any but she's still at 3 1/2 ounces. And.....she's nine days old now and I don't see any indication her eyes are trying to open. I take a damp wash cloth and wipe her face and gently over her eyes in case it's a matter of them being dry.

I wonder if there isn't going to be some issues with delayed development.

If they haven't opened by Monday, I'm going to call a vet.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:33 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,573,088 times
Default What you lookin' at???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Ok, I debated whether or not I should post the following picture, but what the heck?

When my son got here yesterday afternoon, I went outside to greet him, leaving the door to the house open when I did. When we came into the house, this is what we saw:

A couple of minutes later, another cat joined the group (my son didn't get a picture of that).

Hi, I'm Billy, this is my brother Billy, and my other brother, Billy!!!!

I laughed out loud at this pic....love it, love it....you turn your back for 2 minutes and the goats come out of the woodwork!!! The baby is just precious - you know if not for you she wouldn't even be here now...you are a wonderful mama in case you didn't know!!! Try baby wipes on her if she is getting dirty - just be gentle and don't "soak" her with the solution. I use them on some of my senior kitties who can no longer reach their backsides to clean there. If it's safe enough for a human baby I don't think it will hurt our fur children. Thank you for ALL the pics - keep em' coming!!!!

Old 06-01-2012, 01:56 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinalimey View Post
Are they your goats and cats?
I laughed so hard when I read this.

Imagine coming into your home and finding that scene . . . especially if you didn't have goats or a cat!

Old 06-01-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
I laughed so hard when I read this.

Imagine coming into your home and finding that scene . . . especially if you didn't have goats or a cat!
LOL

The thing is, around here, anything is possible.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
Try baby wipes on her if she is getting dirty - just be gentle and don't "soak" her with the solution. I use them on some of my senior kitties who can no longer reach their backsides to clean there. If it's safe enough for a human baby I don't think it will hurt our fur children.
This is a good idea. Thanks.

Do you use the unscented ones?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats