Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2012, 06:22 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

She's been doing something weird the last couple of days that I'm a little concerned about. About halfway into her nursing on the syringe, she starts spazzing out - her little front paws start clawing at the syringe frantically and she gets all fidgety, but she continues to suck.
The formula isn't coming out of her nose or mouth is it?

Quote:
The only thing that I can think of is that I have noticed that she is getting teeth and that maybe the hard plastic of the syringe is irritating to her gums. I'm going to try switching her over to the bottle (and the rubber nipple) again on her next feeding and see if that helps.
Please keep us updated.

Quote:
Now, if something were to go wrong and I lost her, I have to admit I'd be pretty devastated.
Stay positive. She'll probably be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 06:46 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
The formula isn't coming out of her nose or mouth is it?
No. She just starts clawing at the syringe.

She's actually quite fat and it is possible that I am overfeeding her, but I'm not seeing that show up as diarrhea or anything.

Other than the clawing thing, I'm not seeing anything at the moment that really concerns me.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:02 AM

605 posts, read 1,054,181 times
It sounds like you've got everything under control. Could the paw movement be like when kittens knead on their mommies for milk? The action that develops into them "making biscuits"?

I can't wait to see pictures of her with her eyes open!

Old 06-08-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinalimey View Post
Could the paw movement be like when kittens knead on their mommies for milk? The action that develops into them "making biscuits"?

She does that. This pawing and clawing thing is something else - more frantic. She hasn't done it today much, if at all; I still wonder if it isn't connected to her teething.
Quote:
I can't wait to see pictures of her with her eyes open!
Ask and you shall receive (I still don't think they do her justice):

She had just eaten and I didn't do a very good job of wiping her chin before we started trying to take the pictures.

And my son can't bear the thought that his beloved cat - Marius - gets left out:

There is a story behind Marius. My son (he'll be 22 in August) had told me about this kitten that was hiding under his girlfriend's mother's house. He hadn't seen it very clearly - more like glimpses as it ran under the house. So, he took our live trap over there and baited it. It turned out the kitten was big enough to get in the trap and trip it shut but small enough to squeeze out afterwards. My son ended up having to crawl around under the house until he found it and caught it. I'll never forget the excited phone call I got from him and what he said: "Mom! It's no bigger than a potato!" Anyway, that was almost five years ago (I think) and Marius is much bigger than a potato now - almost 20 pounds.

Marius doesn't live here anymore; he lives with my son and his girlfriend and their other two cats (one of which has a similar story to Marius').

And last but not least - a proud momma:

She has six brand new babies under her (so far) in that Rubbermaid tub (like I need more freakin' ducks ).

Old 06-08-2012, 07:54 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
When I saw you had a new post I was hoping for pictures. They're sooo precious! Tell your son Marius is beautiful too. It sounds like you raised a great kid.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:53 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,808,426 times
OMG, such a cute messy chin!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
OMG, such a cute messy chin!
I apologize for that. We were in a bit of a hurry because we needed to get out of here to go do my once a month banking and grocery shopping.

We tried to get some pictures of her before she ate but she is very uncooperative when she's hungry.

Doesn't she look sad, though? I hate that - I don't like thinking she could be sad or unhappy.

Next pictures, I'll try to make sure there is more of her body. Today, I had told my son that I wanted to get some pictures of her face and her newly opened eyes and that is pretty much what he focused on. And she's still pretty wobbly at the moment anyway.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:03 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,570,934 times
Default Omg....

Quote:
She does that. This pawing and clawing thing is something else - more frantic. She hasn't done it today much, if at all; I still wonder if it isn't connected to her teething.
Ask and you shall receive (I still don't think they do her justice):

She had just eaten and I didn't do a very good job of wiping her chin before we started trying to take the pictures.

And my son can't bear the thought that his beloved cat - Marius - gets left out:

There is a story behind Marius. My son (he'll be 22 in August) had told me about this kitten that was hiding under his girlfriend's mother's house. He hadn't seen it very clearly - more like glimpses as it ran under the house. So, he took our live trap over there and baited it. It turned out the kitten was big enough to get in the trap and trip it shut but small enough to squeeze out afterwards. My son ended up having to crawl around under the house until he found it and caught it. I'll never forget the excited phone call I got from him and what he said: "Mom! It's no bigger than a potato!" Anyway, that was almost five years ago (I think) and Marius is much bigger than a potato now - almost 20 pounds.

Marius doesn't live here anymore; he lives with my son and his girlfriend and their other two cats (one of which has a similar story to Marius').

And last but not least - a proud momma:

She has six brand new babies under her (so far) in that Rubbermaid tub (like I need more freakin' ducks ).
I think I agree with you about the teething thing - I would try a nipple and see if she would accept that. It would be softer on her tender gums. I wonder if she would still be too little to try and let her lap out of a very shallow saucer?

She is DARLING, milkstash and all!!!! I just want to squeeze her - I am SO PROUD OF YOU....you saved a life!!! As beautiful as she is now just wait till she grows a little more - her coloring is gonna be fantastic. How can you bear to leave her and go do chores??? Marius is handsome too - sounds like you raised a son who is as special as his Mama is.
PS -you can never be too rich, too thin, or have too many ducks!!!!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:03 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,394,180 times
She looks tired after eating !

Looks like the beginnings of teeth!

I think you have yourself a cat! Keep up the good work!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:06 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,351,326 times
Quote:

Doesn't she look sad, though? I hate that - I don't like thinking she could be sad or unhappy.
remember what ringo starr said when someone asked him why he looked sad all the time? "its just me face".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats