Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 06:40 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,561,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
After a little thought I realized the main drawback to this is if you aren't there to clean up. I.e. leaving for a weekend, normally not a problem but in this case a 3 day weekend would be a little hard to come home to.
Cats really shouldn't be left for three days unattended. Accidents and illnesses can happen. The pet sitter could be instructed that one of the cats toilets in the sink. Provide rubber gloves if the sitter needs them, and tell the sitter where the cleaning supplies are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 08:09 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,153,734 times
Quote:
After a little thought I realized the main drawback to this is if you aren't there to clean up. I.e. leaving for a weekend, normally not a problem but in this case a 3 day weekend would be a little hard to come home to.
That could be a problem. Ew.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:21 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizita View Post
I'd really like to know what people think about this issue so I know what I'm up against.
I have a foster cat who is declawed and like many declawed cats have litter box issues. We've been working with her to get her to use the litter box and she does now but not all the time. When she doesn't she will pee and sometimes poop in the bathroom sink. It's not a big deal to me at all. It just takes me a few seconds to clean it up. In fact it's quicker and less messy than scooping a litter box. But I know that most people may not look at it that way and consider the issue to be a deal breaker.
What do you think? Would you be willing to adopt a cat that potties in the sink or is that something you would definitely not be willing to deal with? I'm hoping to get input from a lot of people so that I can get an idea of what's ahead when it comes to finding her a forever home.

Thanks for your help.
Well, I would first check to make sure she doesn't have any problems related to kidneys or intestines. If everything is normal, yes, I would. I have heard of other cats who do the same. Our cat does not poop in the sink, but she does pee there sometimes. It just means a little more cleaning up to keep things sanatary. of course our little lady who went to heaven 10 days ago, always drank out of hubby's bathroom water cup. This might be gross to some, but she thought it was just fine, that or the toilet.

Nita

Old 06-09-2012, 07:58 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,763,501 times
Quote:
I think if that happened she would resort to using the bathtub which is what one of my stray cats used to do. We could never figure out why except that we didn't have a litter box. Back then I wasn't allowed to have cats indoors 24/7 and the litter box was not permitted either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats