Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 09:44 AM

4,400 posts, read 13,393,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Rescue remedy is good for people too

Sounds like you've got the flea problem covered. Hope you don't have to go through it again. Max sounds like a very special, well loved, well cared for boy.
I hope the fleas are handled, not sure Max and I would survive another outing! And he is super special and loved. I believe if you are going to have a pet who isn't a member of the family, there is no point. So, he is a member of the family. And, he is loved. Probably more than he appreciates as a cat, LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
I concur. If he had been panting for no reason (like, at home with no flea bombing or other things going on) I'd say get him to the vet immediately, he could be having a heart attack - had a cat that did that. But.. since it was in the park and he stopped periodically, yep: he's stressed and hyperventilating. I have 2 cats that do this every time they go for car rides.

sounds like everything is essentially fine.

It is so good to hear stories of other cats who do this, as it was new to me and it worried me. Then I started doing research and it was all "heatstroke!!!!" which had me worried. And then I wondered if that made sense, as it was a start and stop kind of thing, whereas I wouldn't think heatstroke would be.

Max and I will be staying home today, LOL

Old 05-29-2012, 02:01 PM

Thanks again to all who responded. The update is that Maxwell is completely back to his old self today...eating, playing, drinking and sleeping in odd places!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats