Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 04:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flkingfan View Post
Thanks for all the recents suggestions and thoughts everyone.

Last night she did have a little poop, I'm talking about and inch (not enough), so I brought her back to the vet this morning for the enima. The vet said she feels like she got it all out. After they gave it to her and she did her thing, they gave her some food and they said she ate it up. I picked her up on the way home from work. Right now she's sleeping. She did eat a little soft food. I'm hoping that was what her problem was, that she was just backed up. She has never had this before. And now I'm curious as to what megacolon is, so I'll be googling that tomorrow when I'm fresh.

In my heart I know you're right Pammyd. I told myself that after this enima, if she does not get better and if any further invasive tests need to be done, I will not be doing them. I don't want to prolong her pain and suffering, but I did have to at least try. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed as I feel like she's not out of the woods yet until I see her getting back to normal. We also have a Lily at home too, who is 17yrs old.

Keep up the good thoughts everyone, please.
I am so glad to hear, for the time being she seems to be doing ok, and I am happy to hear you are making some good choices. I think you hit it right when you mentioned her pain. In some ways our animals are lucky, we can put them down when they start to suffer....It isn't that easy with humans...

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 04:57 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,053,490 times
She only had a few pieces of chicken this morning. She won't eat anything else. I'm feeling that pit in my stomach hurt, and will call the vet tomorrow to see what they say.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
She only had a few pieces of chicken this morning. She won't eat anything else. I'm feeling that pit in my stomach hurt, and will call the vet tomorrow to see what they say.
Please let us know as soon as you talk to the vet...

Old 06-13-2012, 08:13 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,682,095 times
Sending prayers...

It is very important to observe & know the favourite foods of your kitty (for my cat is mice, then roast beef, and then can tuna etc... foods she won't ever turn down). I also know first hand mice (raw) regulates her digestive system... always give her that to harden her poopies (gets beautiful poopies) when she gets the runs from food change etc... I also have a bad habit that I like to watch my kitty eat (she feels real secure & is totally relaxed when ever I provides that "look out" & watch over her eating), I did that for my dog (who passed along time ago) too.... She eats best when I do that for her.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:25 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Quote:
You will do whatever is best for Patches, I know. Keep us posted.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:48 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,390,696 times
Yes, please keep us posted....

Old 06-13-2012, 04:53 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,535,438 times
Try mixing lots of water in the canned food - kind of a cat soup. This helps get more fluids in the body, which can help alleviate constipation.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:41 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,053,490 times
This morning she wasn't eating still. Right before we left for work she was sitting in her usual position for food, so I tried again. She ate a little of her canned food. That gave me hope again as whenever I tried every other time, she just turned away. I tried all her canned foods I have (and added water to them too), also tried chicken, meat, and cheese (I know, but it's one of her favorites and I'm trying to get her to eat anything).

I honestly was going to make an appointment for this evening to just see if my vet could do a physical on her, with no invasive tests, and if no conclusions I was preparing to put her to sleep. I spoke to my vet and they said to give her a little bit of time, maybe she just needs to recoup from the enima, and if she doesn't start eating we could try an appetite stimulant pill, or we could try other test, which I told her I didn't want anything harsh on her to be done. She called before I was home, so I told her I would let her know how she was tomorrow. I also informed her I bought today all different kinds of canned foods for me to try, as her being diabetic, right now I'm more concerned with her eating. She agreed.

Well I got home, and opened one of the new cans and she started eating right away. She's eaten about 3/4 of the can (2.75oz), which for her is much improvement. I'm still holding my breath though, and still hoping she has a will to stick around. My husband just said about an hour ago that he thinks she gave up. And he said this before she ate some more of her food, and before she came outside on the patio which she hasn't done in a long time. God I hope he's wrong again

Thanks from the bottom of my heart for thinking of my Patches girl, and I will keep you all updated!

Old 06-13-2012, 05:46 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,390,696 times
So glad Patches in seemingly doing better!

Old 06-13-2012, 06:00 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Thank you for letting us know. Sounds like Patches is not ready to leave you yet. She'll let you know when she's had enough and in the mean time I know you are cherishing every moment with her.

I'm so happy to hear she has eaten. Yes, whether it's cheese or sandwich meat or canned cat food, whatever she wants to eat is what's good for her to eat, at this point in her life.

We're all paws crossed here at my house for you, Patches honey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats