Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 07:19 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times

Advertisements

I am so sad and heartbroken as I type this, but I have to help my beloved orange tabby, Bijou, to the Rainbow Bridge tomorrow. He is thirteen and a half, and started losing weight last year, then became very ill at the beginning of this year. We put him in the hospital for a week, and the wonderful doctors there helped him over the hump, he got better and went home. But.... diagnosis was unknown - he had the highest reading of white blood cells they had ever seen - so high they could not even be measured. Based on this and other tests, diagnosis was most likely cancer, bone marrow, leukemia or lymphoma. But we were able to have him around another 4 wonderful months, where he was fairly happy, albeit thinner, and had interest in life. Sadly, he deteriorated very rapidly these last two weeks, and has pretty much let me know he is ready to go. I am never prepared to do this, I have been crying all week. It helps me to post this here, I know all of you understand how this feels, and many of you have been through this before yourselves. I myself have done this many times before with other fur-babies, but it never gets any easier.

I hope tomorrow morning if you remember you could say a little blessing for Bijou as he joins all his friends and other dear fur-angels waiting at the Bridge. I bought a small lemon tree to plant in his honor.

Thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 07:27 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,813,341 times
I'm so sorry about Bijou. I hope you find peace with what has to be done.

My beloved Catfish had Lymphoma and succumbed to it in June of last year.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:32 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,424,313 times
I'm so very sorry. It's so hard to watch your beloved pets go downhill like that. It sounds like you made his last months as happy and comfortable as they could be. The lemon tree is a very nice remembrance. Rest in peace, little Bijou.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:38 PM

2,087 posts, read 4,285,697 times
Yes there are many of us here who understand your pain and sorrow.

I'm so sorry.

Bijou is fortunate to have such a wonderful guardian and friend to help ease her transition.

Sometimes I don't post this link in the forums, I might DM it, because I felt ... what? shy, embarrassed ... don't want to seem like I think I'm "special" ... but I'm not ... special, that is ... Just very fortunate to have been given a gift to share with people such as yourself, who are in pain and need some (small) consolation.

Saber left this playlist to be shared, not hidden ... it is from our companions viewpoint ... and it speaks volumes:

//www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...l#post19592307

The songs are posted, using You Tube, starting in the next post ... I hope they bring you comfort.

Leannan

Old 06-26-2012, 07:43 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,803,318 times
We lost our sweet boy just a few weeks ago, right before I left to be with my mom, who is also fighting cancer. I haven't had a chance to mourn yet. I am so, so sad for you. I am sending you all the love I have from down in Dixieland. Blessings to you.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:52 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,347,049 times
I am so sorry and will be saying a prayer for little Bijou. He will have many friends waiting to welcome him and he will be running free.

Like everyone else here, I know how you feel and my heart hurts for you. Remember that Bijou knew how much he was loved and that he will no longer be in pain. My thoughts are with you.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:56 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I am so sad and heartbroken as I type this, but I have to help my beloved orange tabby, Bijou, to the Rainbow Bridge tomorrow. He is thirteen and a half, and started losing weight last year, then became very ill at the beginning of this year. We put him in the hospital for a week, and the wonderful doctors there helped him over the hump, he got better and went home. But.... diagnosis was unknown - he had the highest reading of white blood cells they had ever seen - so high they could not even be measured. Based on this and other tests, diagnosis was most likely cancer, bone marrow, leukemia or lymphoma. But we were able to have him around another 4 wonderful months, where he was fairly happy, albeit thinner, and had interest in life. Sadly, he deteriorated very rapidly these last two weeks, and has pretty much let me know he is ready to go. I am never prepared to do this, I have been crying all week. It helps me to post this here, I know all of you understand how this feels, and many of you have been through this before yourselves. I myself have done this many times before with other fur-babies, but it never gets any easier.

I hope tomorrow morning if you remember you could say a little blessing for Bijou as he joins all his friends and other dear fur-angels waiting at the Bridge. I bought a small lemon tree to plant in his honor.

Thanks everyone.
I have no words. I'm so sorry. {{{{{gypsychic}}}}}

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-26-2012, 07:59 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,021,497 times
Condolences on the impending loss of your well-loved little Bijou.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:12 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,773,987 times
This is such a difficult decision, I am so very sorry.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:26 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
I'm sorry about Bijou. Think of how he'll be pain free, playing and chasing butterflies with all of our other pets who have gone before us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats