Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 07:48 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times

Advertisements

I read somewhere that the late actress Sandy Dennis had 32 cats. When the person interviewing her showed up she was washing some cat puke off a throw rug. She told him that sometimes she stayed up until 3 am cleaning. The interviewer mentioned that the house was immaculate and you could not smell anything "cat-like".

If a person can care for their pets and maintain a clean household, there is not magic number that might indicate a mental disorder. Lord knows, I have seen houses with multiple pets that are much cleaner than some with children and no pets. I think maybe, getting into triple digits might be a bit much, but then again, if you have the space, and the means and the time to keep the place tidy, nobody should question your choices of how many cats to have.

I'd like to have a couple more but I work a lot and I can barely keep up with the barf as it is.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 08:03 PM

585 posts, read 2,015,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I read somewhere that the late actress Sandy Dennis had 32 cats. When the person interviewing her showed up she was washing some cat puke off a throw rug. She told him that sometimes she stayed up until 3 am cleaning. The interviewer mentioned that the house was immaculate and you could not smell anything "cat-like".

If a person can care for their pets and maintain a clean household, there is not magic number that might indicate a mental disorder. Lord knows, I have seen houses with multiple pets that are much cleaner than some with children and no pets. I think maybe, getting into triple digits might be a bit much, but then again, if you have the space, and the means and the time to keep the place tidy, nobody should question your choices of how many cats to have.

I'd like to have a couple more but I work a lot and I can barely keep up with the barf as it is.

20yrsinBranson
haha exactly. I have one that pukes enough for all of them. At least she is polite and jumps off the couch to puke on the floor.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:06 PM

2,266 posts, read 3,715,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post

20yrsinBranson
Oy, 32 cats might be a bit much. To each their own, but whoo....litterboxes for 32 cats? My 5 lay down a fair amount after a good meal, I can only imagine how much comes out of 32!

Old 07-06-2012, 09:07 PM

2,266 posts, read 3,715,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killabunnies View Post
haha exactly. I have one that pukes enough for all of them. At least she is polite and jumps off the couch to puke on the floor.
At least she has manners. Before we had Sam put to sleep, he had no qualms against hurking next to your head in bed at 3am in the morning. That is a very rude awakening.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:46 PM

585 posts, read 2,015,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReblTeen84 View Post
At least she has manners. Before we had Sam put to sleep, he had no qualms against hurking next to your head in bed at 3am in the morning. That is a very rude awakening.
Oh I've had to shove her off the bed at 4am when I hear the barf sound more than once too... should have qualified that with "she is mostly polite."

But I figure if she's made it this long, the least she deserves is a pass every now and then. If I were 80, I might be puking on everyone.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:20 AM

9,933 posts, read 23,155,300 times
Quote:
LOL that's life! If your 2-legged children get sick and do that you don't stop loving them, so why should you do that for your 4-legged furry children? Meow

Old 07-07-2012, 12:22 AM

9,933 posts, read 23,155,300 times
Quote:
Oh I've had to shove her off the bed at 4am when I hear the barf sound more than once too... should have qualified that with "she is mostly polite."

But I figure if she's made it this long, the least she deserves is a pass every now and then. If I were 80, I might be puking on everyone.
That's quite a visual May it never happen

Old 07-07-2012, 08:38 AM

75 posts, read 102,024 times
I couldn't imagine looking after 32 cats. It's pretty demanding with the 17 we have. I often try to remember what it was like back when we only had 1 cat and how quick and easy it was to clean the apartment we were living in at the time, lol. It takes hours now but I do it in stages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats