Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 02:07 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times

Advertisements

I really like the interactive threads with us talking about our cats. =) Since I have not been working for the last month and a half, I have been thrown into my cats life all day.

I went in to check on him a few times today and he has just been sleeping his head off. He finally got up, for the day, at 2:37 pm.

He went and got something to eat and then came and sat with me, and wanted to go to sleep again!

I am including a pic of Kitty Katty looking up with his fangs showing!
Attached Thumbnails
What has your cat been up to today?-img_20120803_151140.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 02:20 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
lol, my first thought was, HE LOOKS EVEN MORE LIKE A VAMPIRE! Kinda scary!

My kitties have been enjoying the screened porch most of the day. I can only take it in short bursts, given that it is 92 and muggy today. I just go out every 30-60 minutes to check on them. They usually don't even wake up!

Here are Annie and Einstein hanging out on the porch on the new cheap-o-but-I-like-it loveseat ...

My sweetie-pie Hansel (he's the one who looks like your Kitty Katty minus the fangs!) follows me around. He just likes being around me ... doesn't need to be picked up or anything (although he's always willing to cuddle if I want to), just wants to hang out.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:33 PM

Aww, such sweeties! You know, this past week I have been very ill and he has stayed right with me. Yesterday I got a bit better, but the day before I could hardly even walk. He stayed with me, wherever I went in the house.

He is such a sweet cat, and at first glance, yep, he looks like a vampire kitty. Once he got used to us completely, he became our baby. I think I am closer to this cat than I have been to any of my cats...

Old 08-03-2012, 02:44 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Robyn, so sorry you've been ill! I think many cats know when we aren't feeling well and give us extra attention. At least some of mine have. (Not all of 'em, alas ... e.g. Berkeley just wants me to pet him and tell him how beautiful he is when I am sick or when I am well or when I am neutral, lol!)

Hope you feel better soon!

Old 08-03-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Robyn, so sorry you've been ill! I think many cats know when we aren't feeling well and give us extra attention. At least some of mine have. (Not all of 'em, alas ... e.g. Berkeley just wants me to pet him and tell him how beautiful he is when I am sick or when I am well or when I am neutral, lol!)

Hope you feel better soon!
Thanks, Karen. I have RA, so symptoms are coming and going at all times. Its strange how pets sense things.....

Old 08-04-2012, 06:19 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,702,873 times
Sleep, eat, poop

Repeat

Old 08-04-2012, 06:27 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,824,184 times
Blaliko and Seteria kept to their usual schedule, jumping in the window from the porch at about 5 AM. That big two-footed creature they see upon arrival seems to be harmless as they zoom past to the kitchen. After eating (despite two bowls, Seteria insists on nudging Blaliko out of the way at one and vice versa) they sprawl on the floor and relax a bit before bailing onto the porch again. Whence they jump into the yard and are then off who knows where.
What's different about this morning is, when I cleaned the litter box I found a "peepee puck" that was big enough to have been left by Blaliko! Until then it was only Seteria who had paid visits, despite her still being in a feral state for the most part.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:32 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Jasper is funny, I have a table, with a wooden sliding door on the bottom. He absolutely, has to OPEN this door, he slides it open with his paw, then he crawls inside, checks out the DVDs in there, comes back out. Just to **** him off, I close the door, so then, of course, he has to open it again...we play this game all week long, not sure who is ahead...wait..of course, he is...the door is OPEN again...

When I was sick a few months ago, Jasper was playing with my IV hoses...silly cat. They know something is wrong...and just try to stay close.

I could tell you about Beau, our previous cat...he is in heaven now...when my daughter was little, she was on oxygen at night, and he would stay right by her, all night, and if she was sick during the day, he stayed right in her bed. He was her "nurse cat". He would watch the nurses come to our house, "supervising" them...he stayed out the way, he would watch from the top of the dresser, but be back in bed with her when they left. They considered him part of the "team", and when doing occupational therapy, he was part of the exercise, she had to stretch to pet him, he would patiently stay there, when she reached out, sometimes, poking him in the eye...He would even inch away from her, to make her stretch more to pet him. I think he knew what was going on...

Old 08-04-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Blaliko and Seteria kept to their usual schedule, jumping in the window from the porch at about 5 AM. That big two-footed creature they see upon arrival seems to be harmless as they zoom past to the kitchen. After eating (despite two bowls, Seteria insists on nudging Blaliko out of the way at one and vice versa) they sprawl on the floor and relax a bit before bailing onto the porch again. Whence they jump into the yard and are then off who knows where.
What's different about this morning is, when I cleaned the litter box I found a "peepee puck" that was big enough to have been left by Blaliko! Until then it was only Seteria who had paid visits, despite her still being in a feral state for the most part.
I love your stories about these two! I think one day, they are going to be queens of the castle!!!

Old 08-04-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Jasper is funny, I have a table, with a wooden sliding door on the bottom. He absolutely, has to OPEN this door, he slides it open with his paw, then he crawls inside, checks out the DVDs in there, comes back out. Just to **** him off, I close the door, so then, of course, he has to open it again...we play this game all week long, not sure who is ahead...wait..of course, he is...the door is OPEN again...

When I was sick a few months ago, Jasper was playing with my IV hoses...silly cat. They know something is wrong...and just try to stay close.

I could tell you about Beau, our previous cat...he is in heaven now...when my daughter was little, she was on oxygen at night, and he would stay right by her, all night, and if she was sick during the day, he stayed right in her bed. He was her "nurse cat". He would watch the nurses come to our house, "supervising" them...he stayed out the way, he would watch from the top of the dresser, but be back in bed with her when they left. They considered him part of the "team", and when doing occupational therapy, he was part of the exercise, she had to stretch to pet him, he would patiently stay there, when she reached out, sometimes, poking him in the eye...He would even inch away from her, to make her stretch more to pet him. I think he knew what was going on...
Oh that is too funny! Well, I just got home from going to the store with a friend of mine. She wanted to come in and meet Kitty Katty. She has only hears stories about him and seen his pictures on facebook.

Somehow, people see the fangs, but just can't believe they are really real. Kitty Katty does not like new people. I told her he would probably run but we could try. I led her to his room and I called out to him, and he was in his pretty princess pink fluffy bed. I went over and pet him. He fills that bed up and then some.

He saw her and the strangest thing happened, he didn't run! After a couple of minutes, I pulled the bed out further so she could get a good look at him. He got out and came and sat next to me, purring all the while. I rubbed under his chin and he was like, "Oh yea, just like that..."

I was very shocked that he did not run and hide. He must have sensed that she is an animal person, and she is.

I was just on the phone with my daughter and he was on the floor posing. I couldn't take a picture because I was talking on the phone. I went over and got my sweeties tablet and took a bunch of pictures.

The cat is a diva and I am not even kidding. Now he is sitting next to me.... bathing and wanting some love.....

That is something about your Beau. Kitty is the same way with me. I think sometimes we just come across a pet and there is a bond.

During the day, he is my cat. In the mornings and evenings, he is my bfs. Last night bf was laying on the floor and I was hanging off the couch. He came and let me pet him and then went to my bf and let him pet him.... He went off and called it a night. Off to the pretty princess bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats