Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 08:58 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,851,886 times

Advertisements

As some know, the last few weeks I've been in and out of the hospital these last few weeks (nothing serious, just my gut suddenly deciding to rebel against the rest of me.) Being forced to rest has actually given me a chance to work on some projects I've been neglecting...like editing new videos of Jonas!

These are intended for my website and I could really use some feedback. I'll note now that I intend to insert some music...I know the background noise is really obnoxious (it's an air conditioner, fish tank filter, and air purifier all running at the same time.) Here's what I'd like to know...

Is either video too long (I think the second one probably is)? Did they hold your interest? Does the text stay on screen long enough to read comfortably? Does it stay on screen TOO long? Can you understand why I sometimes want to throw him out a window?

Sleepy Time Angel

Jonas' Guide to Getting What You Want, When You Want It (or what I go through every morning)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 01:37 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,286,244 times
My thoughts are about the placement of the camera. Maybe closer to you and Jonas, different (unusual, angles) I would really like to see the expressions on Jonas face ... although the paper shredding butt shot was very cute. I wish it hadn't been "cut off" when Jonas moved out of the frame.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:58 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
That was so sweet! I think the words on the screen have more than enough time. I found myself waiting for them to go away. I also agree with above poster about camera placement. I would also like to see his face closer up! =)

Old 08-21-2012, 07:13 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,576,592 times
I love them. Makes my mouth water, how I miss having a sweet Red Boy in the house. My boy always slept in my arms the same way. I kept forgetting that he is blind, especially when he is shredding the book, the way he kept turning his head toward you to see if you were paying attention.

My only criticism is on your tactic numbers. You have #3 twice. The second # 3 should be #4 and the #4 should be #5.

Good luck with your book! I'll buy it when it comes out.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:18 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,021,788 times
I think the pace was a bit slow. I'm not sure what I'd cut out, though. I do agree with the comments about the camera placement.

Your cat is gorgeous and charming, and the videos did make me curious about him and about your (his) book. If you post on here about how it can be purchased when it's on the market, I'll probably buy it, especially if it's available as an ebook.

ETA: I agree that the text is easy to read and is up on the screen a bit long.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:40 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times
I've been waiting for Jonas video! It's fun to see him in action.
I agree with the others about the text. And it would be nice to see his face more. Maybe you could combine the two videos, into one showing the two sides of his personality.
I loved the kneading! What a determined boy. Of course that's easy to say from this side of the computer screen!
And count me in on buying your book when it's ready. I'm always happy to see a new JJ story among the threads.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:15 PM

I was hoping to have an edited video to show off as a reply, but it's taking longer than I thought and I didn't want anyone to feel I was ignoring their feedback.

Thank you all SO MUCH for taking the time to reply. I felt the text was lingering too much too, but I'm a fast reader and I wasn't sure if it was just me. It's actually only on screen for 7 seconds, but I cut it down to 5. I also cut the morning video down from 4:45 to 3:01...I think on the internet shorter is always better. And I fixed the silly, silly goof-up of having two "tactic 3" screens.

I do agree that more camera angles would add more interest, but the video was shot using a tripod. The room is narrow and there isn't room on the other side of the bed to set it up without it being angled too high or catching the wrong side of the bed. I'm also not suitable to be on camera at the moment...let's just say I need a haircut and closely resemble Shaggy from Scooby-Doo. I will take it under advisement though and see if I can get at least a little bit filmed from a different angle.

I've been struggling to replace the audio because I am super bad at anything that even remotely resembles design, which includes matching the right music up with a video. After listening to hundreds of tracks I've given up and I'm looking into hiring someone to do it for me. So hopefully a new version without the jet-plane in the background will be up this coming week.

Thank you all so much again, I really appreciate it. This is the first chance I've had to work on this for quite some time and I really don't want to lose my momentum (hence hiring someone to do something that 13 years old manage everyday while making fandom videos.)

New video coming soon.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:28 PM

As an aside...I seriously didn't know he checks for a reaction when he shreds paper like that until I played back the video. Cracked me up.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:37 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,286,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
I've been struggling to replace the audio because I am super bad at anything that even remotely resembles design, which includes matching the right music up with a video. After listening to hundreds of tracks I've given up and I'm looking into hiring someone to do it for me. So hopefully a new version without the jet-plane in the background will be up this coming week.

New video coming soon.
I know NOTHING about making a You Tube video but, before you spend money hiring someone for the audio, check out something called AutoTune, there are "free" downloads available (Google)

Old 08-26-2012, 07:47 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,576,592 times
I am probably in the minority, but I dislike videos set to music. I prefer to hear the sounds of the action, or even no sound at all, to someone else's choice of music, which likely as not will be something I can't tolerate, LOL. So when something is set to music, I turn off the sound, while wishing I could hear what is actually happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats