Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 10:28 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,986,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
And no, not everyone over 62 can collect social security. People who've never drawn an income, can't collect. You have to actually have contributed INTO the system, in order to get something out of it.
I'm aware of that, but he's claimed in the past he worked. He had a job but I forgot what he claimed he did for a living. He didn't spend his life doing nothing, nor was he on welfare. He had to have an income from somewhere before he started the Ranch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 10:46 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,675,099 times
Whats amazing is if you do a search on CD for Caboodle Ranch, you get many threads dating back when so many swore that this was the heaven felines needed. Even funnier is when some started raising red flags and possing rational questions about the ability to care for the animals, others simply ignored the concerns and preached about its wonderfullness, alomost to the point of acussing those who questioned the ranch as not caring about cats. Would love to read what those folks think about Caboodle Ranch now that the truth is out.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:51 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times
I think too many people just dumped their cats there. I read he found cats in boxes outside his gate. People took advantage.

I think taking ALL of his cats from him was just retaliation of some kind. He had his own personal cats for sometime and was attached to them. That was just evil to take those few away from him as well. I hope he can at least get some conpensation from PETA for taking his personal cats he had in the beginning. Maybe 3 or4.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:59 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,058,385 times
you think PETA has compassion? You think they will give him some compensation? don't hold your breath. I don't think it was all PETA in on this. Concerned cat lovers- not cat killers like PETA -brought this deplorable situation to the attention of the authorities. At least that is how I read it in the past.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:59 PM

Default Denying the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Whats amazing is if you do a search on CD for Caboodle Ranch, you get many threads dating back when so many swore that this was the heaven felines needed. Even funnier is when some started raising red flags and possing rational questions about the ability to care for the animals, others simply ignored the concerns and preached about its wonderfullness, alomost to the point of acussing those who questioned the ranch as not caring about cats. Would love to read what those folks think about Caboodle Ranch now that the truth is out.
There are those ignorant of the facts and those living in denial. And there are those who are ignorant of proper cat care and cat health and disease issues so wouldn't know any better.

I remember back then. At the time I though it was a real haven for cats. But then the truth started to come out and I learned he was impossible to talk to when people tried to help and make helpful suggestions. Cats were vanishing from the Ranch and coyotes were suspected of killing and eating them. He didn't require any health information on the cats he took in so took in those with FLV and FIV which quickly spread to the healthy cats. How could anyone possibly control internal and external parasites on over 600 cats? When things were brought to his attention, he shrugged his shoulders and did nothing. People were seeing really bad off cats... and it continued downhill from there. My take on this is he really liked the fact he could do as he pleased and draw $1000 a month doing it. No job. No boss. Play with the cats and build little houses all day long. No schedules to keep and the donations (and cats) kept rolling in. When he felt like taking a vacation he dipped his hand into the donation jar, so to speak, and took off.......

It's also very quiet as to who else "worked" there with him other than that one woman. Was she is GF? What was he paying her from the donation jar?

From what I read, his attitude ran off all the other volunteers long ago.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I think too many people just dumped their cats there. I read he found cats in boxes outside his gate. People took advantage.
I'm sure they did, but that's no excuse for what eventually happened there. When he saw he couldn't properly take care of that many cats he could have called the Humane Society or ASPCA for help or guidance. Or advertised on cat forums for volunteers and help. He did nothing but seek cash donations.

Quote:
I think taking ALL of his cats from him was just retaliation of some kind.
What do you suggest the state do? Hire help for his Ranch and use taxpayer money to them? Pay veterinarians to go in and treat over 650 cats? FL isn't the richest state in the Union in case you didn't know. How many thousands of dollars did you donate for the medical care of the sick cats on the Ranch? The state had no reason to "retaliate." Retaliate for WHAT?

Quote:
He had his own personal cats for sometime and was attached to them. That was just evil to take those few away from him as well.
And one of those favorites was in desperate need of medical attention. He was very sick. Are you suggesting they return sick cats to him to languish and die? I'm sure you agree that would have more evil than removing the cat and getting it medical attention. Don't you agree?

Quote:
I hope he can at least get some conpensation from PETA for taking his personal cats he had in the beginning. Maybe 3 or4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats