Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 08:34 PM

7,201 posts, read 15,030,916 times

Advertisements

Why do we never find out what happens to these people arrested for cruelty, for abusing and torturing helpless animals. In this case little kittens that were de-clawed at home by ripping out their claws, breaking/crushing their legs and toes without benefit of anesthesia or antibiotics.

Washington Humane Society

I bet if we can ever find out, all they got was a slap on the wrist and walked..... it would be justified homicide if someone took justice into their own hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 10:09 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,863,216 times
This is incredibly sickening. I tried checking the animal abuse database to see if they had any information on how the case turned out, but it isn't even listed there

Old 09-26-2012, 10:39 PM

There are documents online that appear to have the man's address and telephone number...if they are valid, I feel very sorry for his daughter

Old 09-26-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
This is incredibly sickening. I tried checking the animal abuse database to see if they had any information on how the case turned out, but it isn't even listed there
I've about given up on trying to find out what happens to these un-evolved depraved neanderthals. The few times I did I was angry, no furious that they all got away with little more than warnings and were told they can't have another [whatever pet was] for 2 years or maybe 5 years. And that includes that college student who tortured and killed over 25 cats in the Miami Fl area a few years back. He smirked as he left the courtroom.... yes, it would be justifiable homicide.....

Old 09-26-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
There are documents online that appear to have the man's address and telephone number...if they are valid, I feel very sorry for his daughter
Thanks for that info. What site are you using? Let's try and follow this one and see what the results are. I'm pretty sure I know what's going to happen.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
This man doesn't deserve to breathe. I don't know what part the daughter played in this but I would like to think she was innocent. With a father like that though... Who knows?

Moderator cut: For liability reasons City-data can not provide names and addresses of accused individuals however egregious their acts may be .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 09-27-2012 at 03:12 AM..

Old 09-26-2012, 11:31 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,713,254 times
[quote==^..^=;26268476]This man doesn't deserve to breathe. I don't know what part the daughter played in this but I would like to think she was innocent. With a father like that though... Who knows?

Moderator cut: link removed

Thanks for your link to the affadavit. based on all reprrts, the daughter appears to have no idea until the daughter mentioned the kittens couldn;t walk. She went to check to see what the heck was going on, saw their paws and took them to the vet at ACC. Its at that point the crimes became public. It also appears she cooperated all around with the police and investgators.

Because of the publicity, they MAY go a bit harder, but I also fear that the daughetr turning him in and the child will cause some symthy for "a family" and things may go softer. What is needed is a national media interest where the outcome will be in front of anational audiance. I read somewhere that the average sentance from shows like Animal Cops is much harder than a similar case that didn;t make the show. I also unfortunetely read that actual cruelty cases garner less public support and sympathy than imaginry play-act cases.

Lets keep everyone informed of the final outcome, when (IF) it happens......

Last edited by nancy thereader; 09-27-2012 at 03:17 AM..

Old 09-27-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Thanks for your link to the affadavit. based on all reprrts, the daughter appears to have no idea until the daughter mentioned the kittens couldn;t walk. She went to check to see what the heck was going on, saw their paws and took them to the vet at ACC. Its at that point the crimes became public. It also appears she cooperated all around with the police and investgators.
I was talking about the 9 year old daughter. I don't think she played a part it what he did. He bought the kittens for her if I understood it correctly. My stomach turned over reading what he did to those poor little 8 wk old babies. They agony they must have been in for those several days.

Quote:
Because of the publicity, they MAY go a bit harder, but I also fear that the daughetr turning him in and the child will cause some symthy for "a family" and things may go softer. What is needed is a national media interest where the outcome will be in front of anational audiance. I read somewhere that the average sentance from shows like Animal Cops is much harder than a similar case that didn;t make the show. I also unfortunetely read that actual cruelty cases garner less public support and sympathy than imaginary play-act cases.

Lets keep everyone informed of the final outcome, when (IF) it happens......
Excellent idea....

Last edited by nancy thereader; 09-27-2012 at 03:24 AM..

Old 09-27-2012, 03:21 AM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 12 days ago)

8,825 posts, read 21,314,287 times
I realize that everyone is outraged by this terrible event and that the perpetrator deserves no sympathy, but city-data may not publish the names and addresses of those who are accused of crimes. That is not what this forum is for. Thank you.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 09-27-2012, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I realize that everyone is outraged by this terrible event and that the perpetrator deserves no sympathy, but city-data may not publish the names and addresses of those who are accused of crimes. That is not what this forum is for. Thank you.
It makes me terribly upset that the addresses/information are online at all...there are other people in that house including children who will end up dealing with the typical threats and such that come from these situations. If he were living alone it would be one thing

Does anyone know if it is typical to publish such information? I know sites like the Smoking Gun often have arrest warrants, but I seem to remember the addresses are typically blacked out. I'm wondering if the police might damage their case in anyway by putting such information out there...but then I don't know anything about law either.

In other news, the man has been charged with animal cruelty before but the case was dismissed- it would be interesting to know the details of that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats