Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 05:02 AM

18,432 posts, read 34,233,046 times

Advertisements

Kitty Katty was running around in the house like he was hearing something, and I thought I heard a kitten. There are 2 baby kittens out front against the house They look about 6-8 weeks old. I am wondering if they belong to the cat that was out here the other day.

I suppose the mom is in the middle of moving her babies, I don't know.

I don't know what to do with them. I am thinking I need to let them be, I don't know. Anyone? I can't bring them in my house w Kitty Katty, he would have a breakdown.

I saw a cat with their coloring out here the other day and there was a cat on our porch several days ago....they are such little cuties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 06:41 AM

11,197 posts, read 19,364,859 times
Put food out for them and the mother, to encourage her to keep them nearby, then find a havahart trap and collect them and bring them to a rescue. You've been Chosen, she scoped you out and something about you or your home assured the little mother her brood would be safe there.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:10 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,894,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I suppose the mom is in the middle of moving her babies, I don't know.
I saw a cat with their coloring out here the other day and there was a cat on our porch several days ago....they are such little cuties.
Please do what Catsmom suggested. At least feed them and if possible capture them before a predator (human or animal) gets them or they get run over.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:36 PM

They were gone when I went out there again this morning. =( I suppose I could put some food and water for them and see what happens.

Oh the one was so beautiful. All white with a spot of grey here and there, the other one was a light grey tabby. I have no idea if there were more or not.

If the mother is who I think it is, she is a tiny little kitty, white and grey.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:48 AM

I have not seen the kittens but I think they may have been near last night, or maybe the mother was. Kitty Katty was running back and forth from the living room door to our bedroom. This morning I heard a cat screaming and I came out and my bf said it was that cat again and she took a swipe at Kitty and pushed the screen door in.

We cant try and catch her because I have no idea where the babies are, but I know they must be somewhere near.

She normally is around early in the morning.....

Old 10-03-2012, 06:06 AM

11,197 posts, read 19,364,859 times
Oh dear, the mother is probably already gone into heat again. Are you feeding them? If you aren't, start now! (only during the day, don't leave food out at night)

Once you see the mother and kittens showing up for food every day, put the trap out. If you trap only the mama, the kittens, knowing where the food source is, will show up in a day or so, then you can trap them, too. With luck you might get the kittens first, then you won't have to worry about them. Otherwise you are going to find yourself with your own little feral colony very quickly. I know you don't want that.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:04 PM

575 posts, read 1,985,209 times
Agreed to put food out the mother probably need it and won't venture too far from the babies. Maybe she sensed Kitty Katty and moved the babies? But pick up food at night so predators won't be attracted to the smell of the food. The babies may start wondering soon and she could cycle and mate again soon. You could see if you have a TNR program that would spay her inexpensively.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittymom4 View Post
Agreed to put food out the mother probably need it and won't venture too far from the babies. Maybe she sensed Kitty Katty and moved the babies? But pick up food at night so predators won't be attracted to the smell of the food. The babies may start wondering soon and she could cycle and mate again soon. You could see if you have a TNR program that would spay her inexpensively.
I have seen her around our yard alot in the last several weeks, and 3 times on our porch. We saw the kittens in front of our house one morning but they are gone now.

She has been back a few times since then....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats