U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2014, 07:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,474 times

Advertisements

Hi I was just googling this morning bc my cat Tango is having issues w balance & acting "off", and I came across this convo. I'm curious as to what the outcome was w your cat? I hope he/she is still with you and well. It is just the worst feeling when you know something is wrong but don't know what it is. Tango seems to have his spunk, just is wobbly & having problems when trying to jump. Also lethargic. I'm hoping this is an inner ear issue. I'm still waiting for vet to open; it's 8:20 am. When I called emergency vet they said they close at 8.
Amie
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 10:38 AM

9,120 posts, read 7,702,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amie.lee08 View Post
Hi I was just googling this morning bc my cat Tango is having issues w balance & acting "off", and I came across this convo. I'm curious as to what the outcome was w your cat? I hope he/she is still with you and well. It is just the worst feeling when you know something is wrong but don't know what it is. Tango seems to have his spunk, just is wobbly & having problems when trying to jump. Also lethargic. I'm hoping this is an inner ear issue. I'm still waiting for vet to open; it's 8:20 am. When I called emergency vet they said they close at 8.
Amie
I'm not the OP, & didn't read through this thread, but the first thing your vet will probably check is the ears. I had a similar situation with one of my cats last year, and it turned out to be an ear infection. Antibiotics cleared it up. Hope Tango's problem isn't more serious than that. Good luck.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,195 times
My cat just started to lose his balance today and im freaking out. Ive cleaned his ears and am giving him antibiotic in the am. His name is Baby. Please pray for him. Thanks

Old 02-12-2015, 01:47 PM

9,120 posts, read 7,702,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selah2us View Post
My cat just started to lose his balance today and im freaking out. Ive cleaned his ears and am giving him antibiotic in the am. His name is Baby. Please pray for him. Thanks
I hope you took him to your vet to diagnose the problem. If he has an infection (inner ear, etc.), it is important to give him the correct antibiotic in the correct dosage. I hope Baby gets better, but please get him checked out.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,008 times
I was at the vet for about 6 hours last night with my cat Sam. He's been falling over poor guy. They wanted to do all these tests in stuff for like $2000. I told him to clean his ears out. They found that his left ear was growing a bunch of tissue. However she said that my cat should be falling on the left side and not on the right side. She gave him nauseous medicine and hydrated him with stuff in the back of his Nape.
I took him home and he slept on my balcony all night. This was the first. He has a little cat scratcher House outside and he slept in that.
I hope to get him into his regular vet tomorrow and see what She has to say. I'm so sad for my Sammy.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:11 AM

7,201 posts, read 13,584,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessladybug View Post
I was at the vet for about 6 hours last night with my cat Sam. He's been falling over poor guy. They wanted to do all these tests in stuff for like $2000. I told him to clean his ears out. They found that his left ear was growing a bunch of tissue. However she said that my cat should be falling on the left side and not on the right side. She gave him nauseous medicine and hydrated him with stuff in the back of his Nape.
I took him home and he slept on my balcony all night. This was the first. He has a little cat scratcher House outside and he slept in that.
I hope to get him into his regular vet tomorrow and see what She has to say. I'm so sad for my Sammy.
If his balance is bad aren't you afraid he'll fall off the balcony?

Old 07-13-2015, 10:56 AM

4,286 posts, read 3,964,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessladybug View Post
Why are you leaving him outside on a balcony when he has bad balance? I would be afraid he'd fall off. Also if he's not feeling well he would probably be more comfortable inside in a temperature controlled environment. Also usually when my pets are sick they want to be close to me. It seems to give them comfort.

Hope your kitty feels better.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:28 PM

1 posts, read 274 times
Help please
My semi feral has been suffering from loss of balance, practically falling over when she tries to walk.
Vet gave her a shot of Covenia and all blood work was fine, no toxic, blood pressure was fine, she did not have a stoke.
It has been almost 2 weeks but I don’t see much improvement, she is eating well, drinking and using literbox..
What else can I do??

Old 05-19-2019, 10:40 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,177,389 times
You should read the posts - the OP's cat was diagnosed with a vestibular problem.

Best wishes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats