Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 07:21 PM

114 posts, read 193,592 times

Advertisements

Tonight I wanted to spoil my two cats

so I was at the local super target with one of my staff, i saw some gurbers turkey and chicken meat based baby foods,for around $1 each. the only questionable ingredent in it was cornstarch, the canned human grade chicken aside from being more $$ had vegable oil, modified food starch and other things in it. So I skipped that and brought some baby food 2 cans to see if the cats would like it- they didn't. needless to say i wont be buying this anymore for them. The fancy feast appitizers, I don't like the cans- grains and by products, are a hit but i didn't like the gum.

Any buddy know of a good brand of canned human grade meats in the local grocery you guys use as a treat..

The diet A and W pop sure was good though- for myself,lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 08:30 PM

4,676 posts, read 10,035,507 times
Beechnut Chicken in Chicken broth.

Gerber is meh.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:38 PM

10,419 posts, read 14,662,452 times
I had too had read that baby food is a wonderful treat for cats Mine won't touch it. Neither will he eat Underwood's chicken or any othe canned meat product. He will eat only a mouthful or two of tuna in water, none in oil. However, he likes Oscar Meyer Smoked Turkey Breast in the refrigerated package; He eats two slices per day or a little less, one at a time. For some reason, he will only eat this if I hand feed him.

Thankfully, I have two dogs who have been quite willing to eat the mistakes. They do prefer the Oscar Meyer so that has become part of their diets as well.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:22 AM

11,326 posts, read 19,727,062 times
Cats should not be eating sandwich meat. So high in salt and preservatives, really really so bad for them.

If you feel your cats need "treats" give them a bit of raw meat or something like PureBites.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:05 AM

Okay thanks. i have a staff with a young baby she might like the unopened cans.

Couldn't make it to the petstore/ closed on sunday nights that's why i did what I did.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:07 AM

2,979 posts, read 3,959,320 times
I use chicken or turkey baby food if one of our cats is ill, or sometimes to mix with a pill. They are ok with it.

Why not feed small pieces of raw chicken or turkey, or cooked (plain) chicken or turkey? Many cats love raw chicken hearts too.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:39 AM

They get that from time to time, its just that woody's was closed and i didn't have enough extra money to buy their freeze dried raw treats away they are almost 10 bucks a bag!. / they close at 4 pm on sundays and all the pet stores in Rosevile close at by 7. when we go out it has to be within driving distance as staff are paid by the mile./distance

Old 10-23-2020, 02:29 PM

2 posts, read 3,395 times
my cat really loves formulas, I don't understand why she has this inclination to eat everything our baby left, but it seems to be okay with her

Old 10-24-2020, 06:48 AM

11,326 posts, read 19,727,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandraReid View Post
my cat really loves formulas, I don't understand why she has this inclination to eat everything our baby left, but it seems to be okay with her

As long as you don't give her too much, and she isn't having any diarrhea or constipation from it, it should be okay. Moderation is the key though, because if she takes too much baby formula, she won't eat her balanced food, OR she will get too fat.

Old 10-25-2020, 12:40 PM

9,519 posts, read 11,282,244 times
A few months back I started giving our four cats "treats, treats!" some time after their evening meal. Fancy Feast Medleys or other rather expensive stuff (buck a can, 3 oz, ouch!), I'm tapering off to less costly stuff like 3 oz. Fancy Feast Trout Feast or other stuff like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats