Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 11:43 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,496,338 times

Advertisements

My cat did this when he was younger and he still does it now....I don't think it's a bad sign.....yes he got frustrated with us in our last apartment when we fixed our drippy tub faucet LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 04:47 AM

1 posts, read 876 times
My cat was born and spent his first seven years on Earth as a barn cat. When I ended up with him, about 8 years ago, he had an affinity for dripping faucets going so far as to never touch water in a bowl. As a result, I've always had the kitchen sink dripping for him.

I honestly think it has more to do with the freshness of the water using that source than it does health-related issues as he's always been in excellent health only turning south when I moved away. Upon reuniting with me, he started acting like he had a reason to live again and cheered up instantly and ever since.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:21 AM

2 posts, read 2,107 times
I have been going through this recently with my 18-year-old cat. About a year ago, she began meowing obsessively and, after several days, she ceased doing this. Then about 4 or 5 months ago, she started doing this again, so we took her for a visit with the vet, and her lab and blood work all came back with good reports, etc and she stopped doing it again.

Now, about 4 days ago, she's started up again and has an obsession with water! She is constantly in and out of the bathtub (even trying to get in when we're taking a shower); she's constantly moving the water bowl around; and just this morning when it was storming outside, she jumped up onto the window ledge (rain was pouring straight downward so my window was open), wanting outside!

Old 05-20-2018, 08:00 AM

2,373 posts, read 1,910,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrys66diner View Post
I have been going through this recently with my 18-year-old cat. About a year ago, she began meowing obsessively and, after several days, she ceased doing this. Then about 4 or 5 months ago, she started doing this again, so we took her for a visit with the vet, and her lab and blood work all came back with good reports, etc and she stopped doing it again.

Now, about 4 days ago, she's started up again and has an obsession with water! She is constantly in and out of the bathtub (even trying to get in when we're taking a shower); she's constantly moving the water bowl around; and just this morning when it was storming outside, she jumped up onto the window ledge (rain was pouring straight downward so my window was open), wanting outside!
Larry, the senior panels can sometimes change in a year or even less. I see your cat loves the water...wondering also about hyperthyroid though. There's an add on test that costs more but is well worth it if you haven't had it yet. The Free T4 test. (not free in cost). I have had the experience of other tests in the senior panel coming back good and my cat at that time acting okay at the vet but all symptoms of hyper T at home. The vet thought she was okay but that free T4 test was enlightening and she did have hypter t and got treatment.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:09 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,061,719 times
Oh wow, old thread. Well, she did eventually pass away Summer of 2014, but of liver failure. She must have been 16 or 17 which isn't bad for a cat I guess. I miss her, but we've since brought in two kittens who are already adults now. That's the circle of kitty cat life, I guess.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:50 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,824,184 times
I'm amazed you remembered this thread, OP! How are the new cats with water?

Old 07-23-2018, 05:51 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,381,212 times
My cat likes to watch the drips go down the bathtub drain. He will wait in the tub until I notice him there and turn a drip on for him. It's not about drinking to him. No. He likes to drink his water out of a pail. So a pail he gets. Anything for my boy!

Old 07-24-2018, 10:27 AM

15,145 posts, read 14,324,826 times
My mouse catcher Soapsuds used to love drinking dripping water his whole life. This has probably been posted before but I enjoy watching. Purrs the Word

https://www.neatorama.com/2017/03/10...ly-Hate-Water/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats