Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 07:12 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
I feel the same way. But what hangs in my mind is they had the cat two weeks and didn't name it. Did they love or even really like the cat? It's like it wasn't a living breathing feeling being. If all the cat got there was food and water, it may not have felt comfortable, secure or like it was "home." The cat may miss it's old family and is off trying to find where it lived before.
I did not name Kitty Katty for far longer than that. He had such a unique way about himself and none of the names he came with fit him, nor did any of the names we were coming up with, or friends trying to come up with.

He finally became Kitty Katty. We adopted him in April and called him Kitty. He did not seem to fit Jet or Sneaky. He rocks Kitty Katty but it took quite a while and many other names thought over and pondered before we settled with it.

Even now we come across a name that seems fitting to him but of course now he is KK and it does him well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 04:11 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,302 times
So, great news...
We found him, or whatever...it?
He was under the porch...how he got there, I don't know. But it finally started meowing..
Getting it out was a hassle...it didn't want to come out really. It just sat there looking at us, grooming itself.
Such a tease. The whole household is basically in a state of emergency for almost a week and it's all like "what's all the fuss?"
We had to carve a hole in the deck, and it finally jumped out at us...
Now we have a cat sized hole in our porch.
We brought it back in, and it's running around like nothing ever happened...

I'm just glad we found him. It's not going out anytime soon. House arrest...

Still, extremely extremely relieved.

Thanks for the advice and kind words...I'll definitely be taking better care of him from now on.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:15 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
So, great news...
He was under the porch...how he got there, I don't know. But it finally started meowing..
Getting it out was a hassle...it didn't want to come out really. It just sat there looking at us, grooming itself.
Such a tease. The whole household is basically in a state of emergency for almost a week and it's all like "what's all the fuss?"
We had to carve a hole in the deck, and it finally jumped out at us...
Now we have a cat sized hole in our porch.
We brought it back in, and it's running around like nothing ever happened...

Still, extremely extremely relieved.

Thanks for the advice and kind words...I'll definitely be taking better care of him from now on.
I am so glad you found your kitty. You may want to go ahead and get him/her to the vet to get checked out and up to date on shots, etc.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:42 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
Very glad the little stinker turned up! Now I think we need a picture.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:37 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Hooray! There's your Christmas present right there.

Spoil him to death, but please keep him inside now. If you don't have screens on your windows, open them just a crack so he can't jump out.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:22 AM

2,873 posts, read 5,848,894 times
Do you actually not know the gender? How old is the cat? You might be able to figure it out from a peek at the undercarriage, so to speak, but you should definitely not allow him or her out until she or he is altered (or at all, but especially not)

Old 12-20-2012, 07:36 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,800,934 times
Congratulations!!! Now you have to get kitty to the vet for checkups and gender id (perhaps to schedule an alteration???) and you have to work on kitty's name. I'm very happy for you, kitty, and the whole family!

Old 12-20-2012, 05:13 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
So, great news...

This is the best news I've heard all week. I bet he's hungry and thirsty and needs a good long winter's nap.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:34 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
This is the best news I've heard all week. I bet he's hungry and thirsty and needs a good long winter's nap.
I bet the cat is hungry and thirsty, but poor Dub Dub is the one who needs a long winter's nap to rest up from all that worrying!

So glad the kitty is home and safely indoors!

Old 12-20-2012, 07:22 PM

1,758 posts, read 3,833,049 times
I'm glad you got your kitty back. LOL at the hole in the deck. We had to dig up a drainpipe to rescue some kittens once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats