Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 08:09 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,247,179 times

Advertisements

I've moved and my cats decided they didn't want to come so they disappeared before I left.

My tenants are dog owners (as is most of the street) and won't help.

I have knocked on every door, called the pound, and am about to paper the streets and post some newspaper ads.

Some good thoughts or prayers are requested.....I am devastated and nothing short of a miracle will bring them back.

I blame myself totally as I should have been far more careful. The guilt and grief is killing me.

Thank you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 08:17 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,339,298 times
Will definitely send positive vibes!
Someone I know once thought her cat disappeared the morning she moved. The new owners of the house found her cat a day or two later, hiding in the basement. I hope they are skulking around nearby, or will come back looking for you soon!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:21 PM

6,403 posts, read 7,600,115 times
The little twits don't usually go too far so if I were you, I would get a good flashlight and return after dark while they are more active and searching for dinner. Do your neighbors have a porch they might hide under? Sometimes, they like to hide garages. (My neighbor's cats like to spray my garage if I leave the door open.)

I am sure they are nearby and that all of you will soon be reunited.

Sending you hugs, hope, love, and lots of other good vibes.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:28 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,247,179 times
I actually have a cat thief neighbour.

I am not joking. He has stolen a couple of cats over the years. One even came back with a collar on.

I left a note and a box of cat biscuits on his doorstep, went back next day and both were gone.

He won't answer the door.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:53 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,480,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I've moved and my cats decided they didn't want to come so they disappeared before I left.

My tenants are dog owners (as is most of the street) and won't help.

I have knocked on every door, called the pound, and am about to paper the streets and post some newspaper ads.

Some good thoughts or prayers are requested.....I am devastated and nothing short of a miracle will bring them back.

I blame myself totally as I should have been far more careful. The guilt and grief is killing me.

Thank you all.
The "pros" on finding a cat say this: If the cat knows the house and immediate area, s/he will hide no more than 5 houses (probably much less) from the home. They will not make a noise if afraid, will hunker down, hide and be silent. It is imperative that all shrubs and little cubby holes outside be examined.

Once I "lost" a male cat who escaped, ran into a car, was injured and ran away. I found him the next day, silently hiding in my neighbor's backyard brick outdoor cooking area, hiding from the snow. He is verbal and was silent when I called him.

The silence has to do with not alerting predators.

Do not give up. My neighbor once asked me for help to find her cat and we DID find her, silently hiding against a vacant house next door.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:35 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,766,574 times
Please have faith. The commotion of the move probably scared them and they are hiding somewhere. Tell your old neighbors and tenants there is a reward and somebody will come through for you. I hope I check this thread in the next few days and find good news!

Old 01-16-2013, 09:47 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,909,257 times
You might try putting down some type of clothing, etc that has your scent on it in a nearby bush if you can. Saying many prayers that you find your kitties soon!!!

Old 01-16-2013, 10:34 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,480,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Please have faith. The commotion of the move probably scared them and they are hiding somewhere. Tell your old neighbors and tenants there is a reward and somebody will come through for you. I hope I check this thread in the next few days and find good news!

We had a summer house for many years when I was growing up. No fail: Our cat suddenly disappeared under the house and my father had to get on his stomach to drag her out.

I hope these two cats are found very soon.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:03 AM

18,432 posts, read 34,215,793 times
Oh I am sorry Ms Ann. Surely hoping you find your babies...thoughts and prayers....

Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,752,460 times
I am sorry, many do return on their own. My girl is an outside cat (not by choice, couldn't keep her in due my doggie door) sometimes she will disappear for days, then all of a sudden she will prance in and look at me like "What's Happening"? She then will go back to her usual rountine, come in every morning to eat her wet food and sometime in the middle of the night come in and wolf down her dry kibble.

Hopefully, they will return or be returned to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats