Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 07:35 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times

Advertisements

He's adorable. Have you ever tried the Furminator (or something similar) on him? All my cats absolutely LOVE being furminated, even the kitties whose coats are not particularly thick. It must feel sooooooo good. I always have to have a trash bag handy because I swear I get enough fur to make another kitty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 07:40 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,993,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
He's adorable. Have you ever tried the Furminator (or something similar) on him? All my cats absolutely LOVE being furminated, even the kitties whose coats are not particularly thick. It must feel sooooooo good. I always have to have a trash bag handy because I swear I get enough fur to make another kitty!
Does it just pull out the dead fur or thin out the live fur?

Old 02-12-2013, 07:55 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,823,403 times
The pic with his tongue out and slightly crosseyed shows he's "in the zone". The very first one tells the story though; he's viewing all that he has done with the paper towels and is thinking all is good.....Nimbus, Nimbus, kitty, kitty, see the nice pool table there? It has lots of great felt to sharpen your claws on but don't let anyone know I pointed it out to you.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:00 AM

2,280 posts, read 4,515,306 times
Great shots!

Old 02-12-2013, 08:04 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Don't fall for that belly rub trick. It's just a trap to get you close for an attack.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:27 AM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Great pics and adorable kitty.

Does he have any interest in cat toys? Cat-furniture?
Yeah, we have some nice spots set up around the house, one piece of "official" cat furniture (although he has about a million comfy spots strategically designated in every room.) He even has a cat bed tucked away on a bottom shelf, it's like his little hidey cave. When he wants to be left alone he hides out in there so nobody can find him and snuggle him.

He likes feathery toys. Not impressed with the little mousies though, even the one that makes a chirping noise. If feathers aren't involved, forget about it. He's got plenty of cat stuff, he's spoiled rotton (but the great thing about spoiling your cat as opposed to your kids, you don't have to worry that they'll wind up playing World of Warcraft in your basement at age 32 or any sort of therapy bills...lol...) But as a clever little predator, he is always prepared to improvise.

His antics amuse me.

He jumped on me and bit my neck this morning, scared the heck outta me. And then he tried to nestle into my hair while smacking me on the forehead. He is pretty creative about how to wake up his people. Feisty wee beast!

Old 02-12-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Democrat View Post
The pic with his tongue out and slightly crosseyed shows he's "in the zone". The very first one tells the story though; he's viewing all that he has done with the paper towels and is thinking all is good.....Nimbus, Nimbus, kitty, kitty, see the nice pool table there? It has lots of great felt to sharpen your claws on but don't let anyone know I pointed it out to you.
We keep it covered up, unless we're using it! I kinda worried about that before we even got him. He hasn't shown much interest in it though.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:04 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Does it just pull out the dead fur or thin out the live fur?
Honestly, I have no idea at all how to tell "dead fur" from "live fur." I can say that none of my kitties' fur looks any "thinner" after using it, but there's always a pile of fur next to them! The amazon description says it gets the "loose undercoat." I just know it works really well and my cats are in heaven when they are being furminated!

Sonic_Spork, my kitties love love love paper towels too ... I laughed out loud at the paper towel photos!

Old 02-12-2013, 09:24 AM

I'm just glad he hasn't discovered the toilet paper...YET.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:15 AM

2,029 posts, read 4,038,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Honestly, I have no idea at all how to tell "dead fur" from "live fur." I can say that none of my kitties' fur looks any "thinner" after using it, but there's always a pile of fur next to them! The amazon description says it gets the "loose undercoat." I just know it works really well and my cats are in heaven when they are being furminated!

Sonic_Spork, my kitties love love love paper towels too ... I laughed out loud at the paper towel photos!
I love using the furminator too! It's also great to use on furniture and all the cats beds to clean up.

Sonic Spork you have a beautiful cat! Love all your pictures of Nimbus. He looks quite proud of himself in that pile of paper towels. He banished the PT beast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats