Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Jasper should NEVER outside
agree. Jasper should NEVER go outside. 9 50.00%
disagree. Jasper should be allowed out briefly. 9 50.00%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 03:55 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,570,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Animals View Post
What does IMO stand for?

I think it means "in my opinion"....but IMO I could be wrong!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 04:00 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,570,934 times
I do not and will not ever allow any of our cats outside (on purpose) regardless if they are supervised or not. It is too easy to get distracted and out where I live there are lots of large hawks and there are coyotes running wild as well as a few feral cats that could snatch them in an instant. They would not have a clue what it was (they are very sheltered kids!). I don't want my kids to pick up fleas or mites or anything out of the grass and bring it into the house. I have enough trouble as it is keeping things clean without worrying about an infestation of something I can't even see!! They have plenty of windows to lay in and look out of, and if that's not good enough - well, tough toenails..... they don't get to vote on it!!!!

Old 03-13-2013, 04:12 PM

455 posts, read 1,238,367 times
He sounds like an indoor cat to me. My three indoor cats have access to an outdoor pen, I also walk them round the garden on a harness and lead.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:28 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Actually no, I wasn't aware of that. My choice in username is just (to me) a Dr. Who reference with a little extra silliness. Like, if I were a timelord I wouldn't have a sonic screwdriver, I'd have a sonic spork! lol

(I'm a total geek, but I'm OK with it.) I'll have to have a look online and see what this game is you're talking about...

About things like letting cats outside or not...I do think that inside only unless using a harness or an enclosure is for the best. But I wouldn't come down too harshly on an owner for deciding otherwise unless they did so out of ignorance of factual information which I felt I could somehow helpfully provide. But I don't think that is the case here, Jasper's owner is a regular poster here who has seen what everybody says and obviously is in possession of the facts. So, Jasper's cat-parent must decide what is best for Jasper, regardless of the opinions of the other cat guardians here. Just remember...no matter how much he thinks he is, in some situations, the cat is not the boss of you!! (Hard thing for any of us to remember I think.)
Aw yes, love love love Dr. Who! Do look Sonic up, you'll get a kick.

Definitely hard to remember who is the boss of who in my house hold. It's pretty bossless on either end. lol We are pretty chillaxed most of the time, even if it's terribly wrong of us. We just flow like the wind. One day when either of us follow that spaceship in the sky, we'll just go, no blame required, no fear involved. My cats are my cats, not my kids. I try to respect them, cuddle them and they try to get me to feed them constantly and knead me to death. Just got done laying in the sun with my "Bunny the Cat,", we both enjoyed it very much. Gotta love life. (don't worry, the sun was shinning through the window, we were both on the carpet in front of it for a little snoozey.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:31 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suei View Post
He sounds like an indoor cat to me. My three indoor cats have access to an outdoor pen, I also walk them round the garden on a harness and lead.
Outdoor pens are a great idea! I'm going to build one as soon as I finish my patio. I'm so excited and I'm pretending my cats are as well. I'm always putting words in their mouths. I'm sure they will be thrilled once it's built. Does yours have a door of it's own from the inside or do you just put them in for a spell?

Old 03-13-2013, 06:47 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,645,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
I think it means "in my opinion"....but IMO I could be wrong!!!!
It does, but I can see how my sentence structure there makes it confusing. (It looks like IMO should be a noun as in "supervised IMO". LOL)

Old 03-13-2013, 10:01 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Great. I now realize I am under Jasper's mind control. I am glad you guys helped me realize this.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:22 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Great. I now realize I am under Jasper's mind control. I am glad you guys helped me realize this.
Did your cat type that?

Old 03-13-2013, 10:44 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Repeat after me.

"I am the boss, not Jasper. I am the boss, not Jasper. I am the boss, not Jasper."

Continue to repeat until you believe it.

"Jasper will still love me if I'm the boss. Jasper will still love me if I'm the boss. Jasper will still love me if I'm the boss."

Continue to repeat until you believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats