Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 11:24 PM

2 posts, read 8,815 times

Advertisements

We noticed that the cat was gone, and so we checked outside. I found her she was close to the air conditioning thing outside together with a big black stray cat with flabby patches of skin/fur hanging from its sides.

When I opened the back door and made some noise to get her attention, she came inside but the black cat tried to follow her in, and I closed the door before it could get in.

I noticed that our cat smells really bad. I was worried she might have caught some disease from the stray cat. We gave her a bath and the smell seems to be ok now.

Could it have caught some disease? Could it be dangerous for humans?

And now we can't find her again. My guess was that maybe she's sick and went hid itself in some hidden place in the house to die or somehow went out again which would be puzzling because no one recalls opening the door.

We couldn't find her anywhere in the house. I'm worried that if she's gone like this it might mean she might die and spread the whole house with rotting smell?

Is it safe to put some baby powder on her if we can still smell bad smells from her if we find her again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 12:35 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
Is your cat spayed?

Old 04-14-2013, 12:50 AM

2 posts, read 8,815 times
No.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:06 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times
uhh ohh

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-14-2013, 07:29 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,153,320 times
You should take your cat to a vet if you think there's something wrong. Nobody can really diagnose her online and skin conditions can be particularly tricky.

Also it's really best if she gets spayed. Where I live there are vets/non-profits who do cat spays for as little as $25. Google cheap spay neuter <your county> if money is a concern.

Now I feel bad for the poor black stray cat too.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:59 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
So you don't get her spayed, and you randomly notice that she's missing, which means someone in your household let her get out. (I know that cats can be good escape artists sometimes, but that means their humans MUST PAY CLOSE ATTENTION.)

You also sound like you are much more worried about some smell than you are about YOUR CAT possibly being hurt or sick.

I feel bad for both cats. Would you please, please, please pay more attention to your cat. She depends on you.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:45 PM

Take her to the vet and have her spayed, before you end up with a litter of kittens. She may already be pregnant.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:55 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catkwe View Post

I noticed that our cat smells really bad. I was worried she might have caught some disease from the stray cat. We gave her a bath and the smell seems to be ok now.

Could it have caught some disease? Could it be dangerous for humans?
Cats should be kept indoors. Any time you allow them to wander they can pick up disease or parasites and also become nuisances to your neighbors. There are few things you can get from your cat so keep her safe inside. I assume you never took her to the vet to get her vaccinated or spayed.

Quote:
And now we can't find her again. My guess was that maybe she's sick and went hid itself in some hidden place in the house to die or somehow went out again which would be puzzling because no one recalls opening the door.
What about open windows?

Quote:
We couldn't find her anywhere in the house. I'm worried that if she's gone like this it might mean she might die and spread the whole house with rotting smell?
Yet you don't seem very worried about her.

Quote:
Is it safe to put some baby powder on her if we can still smell bad smells from her if we find her again?
Do NOT put any kind of powder on her. Make sure everyone in the house knows to keep her inside.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:57 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catkwe View Post
No.
Why hasn't she been spayed? What will you do with all the kittens knowing there are almost no homes for most of them? Are you willing to keep them all and get them all spayed and neutered?

Old 04-15-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Why hasn't she been spayed? What will you do with all the kittens knowing there are almost no homes for most of them? Are you willing to keep them all and get them all spayed and neutered?
If the OP hasn't gotten her female cat spayed, the kittens probably won't be done either. That means more overpopulation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats