Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 06:56 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times

Advertisements

Would people please share their experiences with Animal Communicators?

I always feel the need to try to get a reading with my recently lost cat to the Rainbow Bridge within weeks after the loss and the readings are so generic. It is probably because I volunteer too much info to start with or that I'm skeptical they can really reach my cat in the first place.

Are there any animal communicators out there that won't charge you if you don't feel they really reached your cat?

Are there any people who've had sessions with animal communicators that were really good where you KNEW they were talking to YOUR furbabies?

I think $75 for 30 mins is a lot to pay for info you've already revealed to be parroted back to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 05:26 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,066,509 times
I am really sorry if this sounds mean, but it is absurd to believe that any of those so-called "communicators" actually do anything other than take your money. There is one poster here who posted a whole "conversation" that a "communicator" supposedly had with her dead cat. I read it and thought, "Seriously? That person stole your money. She did not have any such 'conversation' with your dead pet.'" Believe me, I've lost kitties that I dearly, dearly loved, and I would give anything to be able to see them and cuddle with them again, but it is not possible (unless you believe in an afterlife ... but it's certainly not possible for some "expert" to speak with them and tell you what they "say").

I used to watch John Edwards when he had the show on the Sci-fi channel ... I would watch as he took cues from audience members and spouted back at them things that he inferred from what they had said. Nothing magical there at all, although I wish I could believe there were.

I have "settled" for occasional dreams about my beloved pets who have died ... I treasure those dreams. In some of them I was able to cuddle with the kitties again, and it felt very real. It was bittersweet to wake up, but just having those moments ... well, I can get teary at the memories.

Very sorry for your loss. Our pets are amazing little creatures.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:51 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,569,713 times
A kind friend gifted me sessions with an animal communicator a couple years ago when my precious boy was dying of cancer. She and others who had used this person were very impressed and happy with her.

She did give me some comfort and maybe a little insight, telling me that my sweet boy was very worried about me and my pain after he left, but he was eager to join his two friends who had predeceased him. I already knew this, he and I were deeply bonded and I had already been talking to him about how happy he would be to see the two cats who had raised him (he was devastated when each of them died). She got a sense of names though that were not the names of the other two cats.

The service purchased for me provided for after death communication also, but I did not contact the communicator again, it hurt too much, and I decided to let him tell me how he is in his own way, instead.

My boy comes to visit frequently, he'll show up in my mind in a way that is not the same as when I am just thinking about him, and I have seen him actually here in the apartment three times. Only one other cat, of all my Bridge Angels, also has communicated in those ways. At least that I am aware of. I wonder sometimes if they have been around but I just wasn't aware enough about other planes of existence, but I don't really know. I have dreamed about them, so perhaps that is the only way they could reach me.

There are many unexplainable mysteries in the world.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:28 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,065,005 times
People have been hoodwinked by psychics, mediums, and "communicators" for years.

There is no such thing...all smoke and mirrors.

Your cat will not be communicating with you, save your money. Just value the memories.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
She did give me some comfort and maybe a little insight, telling me that my sweet boy was very worried about me and my pain after he left, but he was eager to join his two friends who had predeceased him. I already knew this, he and I were deeply bonded and I had already been talking to him about how happy he would be to see the two cats who had raised him (he was devastated when each of them died). She got a sense of names though that were not the names of the other two cats.
As I wrote ... generic. "Your kitty is worried about you. He wants to join others who died before him." That could apply to almost any of our pets.

Again, I do not want to be mean, but I get furious at so-called "psychics" who take people's hard-earned money and try to fake them out with generic statements that could apply to ANYONE and/or by taking cues from the human as to what he/she wants to hear. I think it is awful that such "psychics" take advantage of people who are grieving a very significant loss (or will be soon).

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
There are many unexplainable mysteries in the world.
I agree that there are some things that we can't explain, but there are so many "psychics" who simply take advantage of people. Google "psychic hoax" or similar phrases and you will get many stories.

OP, treasure the memories you have, but please don't be hood-winked.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:08 AM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Yeah sorry to say, I don't really believe in this either. I mean, I can buy that living things might leave vibrations or energy or something behind...but I can't believe that there are experts who "speak cat" well enough to communicate all of these complex ideas from cats to their people. Cats are not humans. They certainly are expressive and have feelings and all, but these things don't translate directly into human language like that really, let alone from beyond the grave. I really just can't buy that someone is pro at picking up on this stuff and charging people for it, I think it's a scam.

And furthermore, my husband and I when we were very young and really poor, rented a booth at a flea market in Northern Kentucky and ran a palm and Tarot reading thing. It is all about "cold reading" people, and we had a lot of folks convinced that we were the real deal. We weren't charging a lot or making a fortune, usually about enough for us to go to dinner with our friends. But it was something for a couple of young people to do in our spare time. Very John Edwards. Neither of us have any actual psychic abilities or anything like that.

But if it gives you comfort and closure, by all means...I'd never judge anyone for paying for something priceless like that, just don't starve yourself to do it. People put money into all kinds of things just to find a little comfort or happiness. If you look at it that way, it's not a bad thing at all.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:12 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,569,713 times
She did mention "two" cats without knowing that two cats had pre-deceased him that he was very close to, but like I said the names she said he mentioned to her were not the right names. While others did seem to find her extremely accurate, I did not really feel that I benefited from the experience, I did not really feel that she had a real sense of what my boy was feeling.

On the other hand I do know someone who is skilled in animal reiki who gave (long distance) great relief from arthritis pain to one of my cats. She never claimed to be able to read my cat's mind but she did seem to have a sense of her, she could tell me, for instance, what position the cat was lying in during the reiki session. You can say that there are only so many positions a cat can sleep in, and so they are lucky guesses, but she was right on target, even down to the way her little face was pointing, or even commenting on that the cat stretched and curled up during the session, such as she might do when the release of pain was felt. There was definitely an affinity there. The reiki was also a gift.

I understand that this is something you feel strongly about, the fact that many of these "communicators" are simply frauds bilking people and your desire to warn people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

But if it gives you comfort and closure, by all means...I'd never judge anyone for paying for something priceless like that, just don't starve yourself to do it. People put money into all kinds of things just to find a little comfort or happiness. If you look at it that way, it's not a bad thing at all.
Well put.

Last edited by catsmom21; 04-16-2013 at 09:26 AM..

Old 04-16-2013, 10:58 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,989,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Would people please share their experiences with Animal Communicators?

I always feel the need to try to get a reading with my recently lost cat to the Rainbow Bridge within weeks after the loss and the readings are so generic. It is probably because I volunteer too much info to start with or that I'm skeptical they can really reach my cat in the first place.
Sorry to say, but these communicators are con-men and women. The supposed conversations they have with people's cats simply don't happen. Cats minds are not like human minds and yet these people will relate entire conversations with the deceased cat as if the cat were human and thought like a human and felt like a human about things. They anthropomorphize them beyond belief.

Quote:
Are there any animal communicators out there that won't charge you if you don't feel they really reached your cat?
Not that I ever heard of. They're there to make MONEY - not reach deceased cats or people or dogs or whatever.

Quote:
Are there any people who've had sessions with animal communicators that were really good where you KNEW they were talking to YOUR furbabies?

I think $75 for 30 mins is a lot to pay for info you've already revealed to be parroted back to you.
Humans cannot communicate with animals in speech as they can with another human being, holding entire conversations.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:26 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,285,219 times
I've used the services of 3 different animal communicators. I've seen different pricing structures, but generally they charge $75 just to pick up the phone, that is to speak to one animal for 1/2 an hour, there is generally always a charge for additional animals. As you can imagine, it adds up very quickly.

The first AC I tried spoke with Saber after he died //www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...l#post20747285
//www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...l#post20745632

The main reason I didn't use her services for Meeko's behavior problem (second use of an AC) was because she is very expensive, and also, I wanted someone that 'featured' behavior problems on their website. The second one was complete waste of money, yet she is very successful (NOT Sonia) and then, I didn't have enough money left after the trying the second psychic.

Before making the appointment with the second psychic, I told her Exactly what behavior issue needed to be immediately resolved, and that I was hiring her to be able to actually talk/communicate with my cats. "No Problem" When we actually had our session, she was intuitive, to some degree, but frankly I can do the same, if not better. When I reminded her that I wanted to actually communicate with my cats, she actually scoffed.

Her approach was more like a trainer than a psychic, I had already spent a year trying medically and behaviorally, to deal with Meeko's aggression, I was desperate [enough to hire her lol) so I didn't have months to see if her vague ideas would help. She also asked me questions about myself, "was I the oldest child? a perfectionist? that had nothing to do with the cats, and then proceeded to analyze me, but not in the context of my relationship with my cats. Some lonely people may appreciate the [expensive] 'attention' and useless platitudes, I just needed her to do what she what she had said she could do @$150/an hour.

When we are grieving, I think it is normal to talk about our loss with anyone that will be sympathetic, unfortunately, that makes it harder for us to believe/be sure that they can actually speak with, or find a particular animal.

I can communicate with Saber, so I know that animal communication can be done, but I'm certain that not everyone that manages to get paid as a psychic has this ability. Saber is the only animal [so far] that I can communicate with, an understanding that goes well beyond just the usual vocalizations, or behavior.

After wasting the money I had saved to try and get Meeko from constantly attacking, or trying to attack, Alfredo, I accidently clicked on the third psychics site. $30/20 minutes ... Meeko stopped attacking Alfredo immediately.
//www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...n-feliway.html

I use her services whenever I feel the need to understand a problem with my cats, or to help them understand a situation. We don't chit-chat. A 20 minute, or half an hour session doesn't allow for small talk if you want to have time to speak to your cats. I just give her a basic topic. Like, I want them to eat the healthier food I'm serving them ... where does it hurt? ... is it ok if she looks inside them to see if they are sick anywhere, etc. Often they have a different agenda.

She was on the phone with me, concerning another issue, when Meeko asked, once again, to be released from his body so he would not be in pain anymore. His vet was at the house giving new Saber his shots, and up to that point hadn't felt sure about euthanizing Meeko until he was sure we had done everything possible to cure him. We had. I had known that, in the next week or two, I was going to find Meeko the relief he needed, no matter what. I just didn't know it would be That day, and I wasn't ready, but Meeko was, so I let him go.

We all spoke to Meeko as we helped him die, a death he had been asking me for, for months. She wasn't watching the clock, she never mentioned it, she stayed, to help me stay, with him as long as Meeko wanted me to. Before we hung up she said I had done the right thing (he had told her months ago that he had been in pain everyday of his 7 year life, and didn't want to be in his body anymore) and that if I wanted, we could speak with him 3 days after he passed, when he had completed his transition to spirit.
//www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...l#post28775672

//www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...ys-detect.html

What actually turned out to be wrong with Meeko, and how we found out.

Toward the end of December Meeko was in such pain that I called the vet that had been unable, and I know feel, unwilling, to help Meeko, and asked for references for in home euthanasia vets.

VERY IMPORTANT POINTS: They gave me 3 references. His current vet, also, offered to make an appointment to euthanize him at their office the following day, but I declined, saying it needed to be today, at home.

I had made an appointment for new vet, but that was a week away and he had been through enough. I thought he might die from [obvious] pain before I could even get a vet to the house.

Why Meeko's vet had diagnosed IBD, but offered no treatment plan or pain control, now mystifies me. I really think, given all his behavior problems, that she just didn't like him, and so just didn't care. I Know that, every time we were at her office, she had been indirectly bringing up the issue of me having to euthanize him eventually because of behavioral issues. BUT, when I asked her to put it in writing so another clinic (one that she previously worked at) would euthanize Meeko that night, because of pain, (I never considered putting him down because of behavioral issues) she freaked out on me, started calling me a liar, that she never insinuated he should be PTS (VERY IMPORTANT POINTS: They gave me 3 references. His current vet, also, offered to make an appointment to euthanize him at their office the following day, but I declined, saying it needed to be today, at home.) and that she didn't know for sure he was in pain. Really? I brought him into her practice less than a week before this because he was doubled over in pain and his nose had gone pale white.

Continuing ... I couldn't find a vet that was close to us with an open appointment. I then, accidently, called the vet that had euthanized Saber, in May 2011, the vet said he would come over, but I needed to consent to an exam, I begged him to actually treat and diagnose Meeko, rather than kill him, if he could figure out what was hurting him, while relieving Meeko's suffering during the time it would take for him to figure it out.
I told him that in a year and a half, that I had had no success, and euthanasia was all I could offer Meeko to stop his suffering.

The vet came over, concurred that Meeko was in a huge amount of pain, gave him Tramadol and Buprenorphine, leaving some buprenorphine for me to be able manage his pain. He came back the next day, without charging for the house call, to take Meeko's history and get a blood sample.

For the same price as an IDEXX CBC, 6 months ago, this lab found rare "smudge/basket" cells in Meeko's blood, indicating cancer, a sarcoma, and evidence of pancreatitis ... an ultrasound confirms a tumor in Meeko's stomach and blocked bile ducts in his pancreas, all of which were deemed to have been there 6 months ago. Meeko was ill when I adopted him (Sept 2011) it just wasn't evident until I got him home and spent a few hours with him. There is also scar tissue near the tumor that is causing a narrowing in his intestine. I knew he had an obstruction of some sort, I just didn't have the knowledge to consider cancer, as well as hair balls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would also like to add that, before the ultrasound, but after the blood test results, my new vet asked if I would have my pet psychic, who is a PHD, ask Meeko if Meeko has cancer.

She didn't ask me for the test results, or ANY information related to the lab work, just asked if there was an area to focus on.

She then asked Meeko for permission to see inside him, and asked him to show her his stomach. She came up with the same results suggested by the blood work, and confirmed by the ultrasound. She suggested an ultrasound, and said that these anomalies [my word] would show up on an ultrasound. They did.

Last edited by leanansidhex; 04-16-2013 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: add

Old 04-16-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex View Post
... I would also like to add that, before the ultrasound, but after the blood test results, my new vet asked if I would have my pet psychic, who is a PHD, ask Meeko if Meeko has cancer.
If my new vet or old vet asked me if I would have my "pet psychic" speak to my cats, I would think -- and probably say -- "You are an idiot and I definitely do not want you looking after my pets." Again, I know that you truly believe that somehow your "pet psychic" has some mystical magical connection to dead animals, but that is absolutely absurd, and she is taking advantage of you.

Ask her if she would be willing to be tested by real scientists. She will say "no way" because she could never pass any kind of objective, scientific test.

Your "pet psychic" is not even a vet, as you finally realized after several of us asked to check her "credentials." And I too have a Ph.D. (from Michigan, no less) but would never start calling myself a "pet psychic" and taking people's money to talk to their dead pets. It is outrageous that people can get away with these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex View Post
She didn't ask me for the test results, or ANY information related to the lab work, just asked if there was an area to focus on.

She then asked Meeko for permission to see inside him, and asked him to show her his stomach. She came up with the same results suggested by the blood work, and confirmed by the ultrasound. She suggested an ultrasound, and said that these anomalies [my word] would show up on an ultrasound. They did.
If she really did what you say she did -- which I don't believe for a second -- then there is some other explanation. Meeko could not "give her permission" to look at him or somehow tell her exactly what is wrong with him. The "conversation" that you reported in another post did not and could not have actually happened (and there is no way that you could even KNOW that such a conversation "took place" -- as if it could!! -- i.e., your "pet psychic" must have told you, "This was our conversation," and then given you a transcript as if it had been a conversation between 2 people. Good g-d!!)

I have 7 cats and have had others in the past who lived long and happy lives. I love them all dearly and have extremely close bonds to most. But even I know that I cannot have "conversations" with them the way I have conversations with people. Certainly no charlatan who calls herself a "pet psychic" could have conversations with them -- especially not the ones who have died. Yet these charlatans want people to believe that they can do all these things -- all in the quest for the almighty dollar. It's appalling.

OP, PLEASE do not fall for such nonsense. You will be taken advantage of like all those before you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats