Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 08:24 AM

532 posts, read 1,068,253 times

Advertisements

I think they're all going to be fine; people in my AR group would cut off an arm before hurting an animal.

The little gray girl is such an adorable *person*; she's just a person, and looks at me with such love. I'm going to make sure she has a long, happy, loved, life. I wish I could do that for all the animals in the world, but unfortunately I can't. At least I can love two.

She has blue eyes. I know someone said that would change, but I wonder. She's the strangest color; I don't think I've ever seen a cat that's gray like that, white and gray. She has a dab of orange on one of her ears.

Got "Da Bird" and she loves it. Edward is so kindly and patient, just like I knew he would be. How interesting that they have their own little personalities.

I live in a city where a science department at the university was caught, taking stray cats off the streets and experimenting on them. An AR group (not mine), broke in and rescued the cats. This was years ago, but also happened at a university (UC Davis) where I lived, years ago. How anyone could do that to an animal is beyond my understanding. They should all reside in the lower corner of hell, as far as I am concerned. But you can't let the cats live outside; it's just too dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 09:08 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
She is so pretty. I guess she is a (very) dilute calico? I don't think I've seen any as kittens, but I know one of my cats who has flame point coloring has darkened as he got older, so maybe in a couple of years she'll be slightly darker, like this

Dilute Calico Cat | Pictures of Cats

Old 05-04-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
She is so pretty. I guess she is a (very) dilute calico? I don't think I've seen any as kittens, but I know one of my cats who has flame point coloring has darkened as he got older, so maybe in a couple of years she'll be slightly darker, like this

Oh, thank you; yes, she's much like that, but not as dark. Good to know the name of the type. I'll try to get some photos that show the blue eyes.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:17 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaustin View Post
How interesting that they have their own little personalities.
Yes, these beautiful little animals do have very different distinct personalities. I love that about them. It makes them so interesting and so lovable. Our four are all very different.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:21 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post

My flame-point mix rescue was almost white with pale orange ears, face and tail when I adopted him from Petco at 4.5 months old. As time passed he showed very pale orange stripes and his body turned cream color. His eyes are blue. We think he's beautiful. Zephyr was light gray with dark stripes and spots. Now she's so dark gray her stripes and spots are hard to see.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:27 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
My flame-point mix rescue was almost white with pale orange ears, face and tail when I adopted him from Petco at 4.5 months old. As time passed he showed very pale orange stripes and his body turned cream color. His eyes are blue. We think he's beautiful. Zephyr was light gray with dark stripes and spots. Now she's so dark gray her stripes and spots are hard to see.
Yes, mine started just like yours and he now has a light orange wash all over his back. I think ParallelJJCat once explained something about color changes in cats, and it had to do with temperature, but I really can't remember what it was.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:03 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
That's great that you've found good homes for the kittens (including the one you're keeping! ). You're going to have to work harder to become a crazy cat lady.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That's great that you've found good homes for the kittens (including the one you're keeping! ). You're going to have to work harder to become a crazy cat lady.

I've got the crazy part down, anyway.

Just posted a photo of Sissy with the blue eyes, on a separate thread.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:37 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
You must have a lot of extra income...to have all cats vetted with shots and pay for fixing that group. That is going to be an outlay of major cash. Even if you do the cheap route, the Humane Society here charges $50 for cat shots and fix. For one cat.

I took Jasper in awhile back for a healthy cat check up, and he was chipped, it cost about $120.

Good luck. I also suggest getting a Dyson vacuum.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
You must have a lot of extra income...to have all cats vetted with shots and pay for fixing that group. That is going to be an outlay of major cash. Even if you do the cheap route, the Humane Society here charges $50 for cat shots and fix. For one cat.

I took Jasper in awhile back for a healthy cat check up, and he was chipped, it cost about $120.

Good luck. I also suggest getting a Dyson vacuum.

You didn't read all the way through the thread; I found homes for all of them but one. It would have been around $1K, though--I checked. That was not an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats