Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 12:18 PM

504 posts, read 851,823 times

Advertisements

Justin looks like he's doing well, according to Facebook updates he's eating ravenously, playing and continuing to heal

Just choosing to focus on how he's doing now, because thinking about some creature doing this to him makes me all at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 01:04 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeksil View Post
Justin looks like he's doing well, according to Facebook updates he's eating ravenously, playing and continuing to heal

Just choosing to focus on how he's doing now, because thinking about some creature doing this to him makes me all at the same time.
Yes, it looks like he'll be scarred for life but he will live. That makes me feel better to know....

Old 05-09-2013, 01:22 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
I'm just...both glad and humbled by the fact that this kitten can still trust and love people who mean him well, after what was done to him. It's a blessing that a baby cat's mentality isn't as complicated as a human's, and a miracle that after such trauma, he can recover not only physically but emotionally too.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:35 PM

260 posts, read 337,620 times
My heart breaks for this little kitten and the millions of other animals that suffer abuse that we don't know about.

Animal abuse cases make me lose my mind. It doesn't matter whether or not the abuser will graduate to humans, hurting an animal is horrible in itself and must be severely punished. The laws are not tough enough for animal abuse cases and maybe if they were, it would deter some.

Animal abusers need to leave our planet now. We don't want them here anymore. There is nothing redeeming about them.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:34 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaCat View Post
My heart breaks for this little kitten and the millions of other animals that suffer abuse that we don't know about.
And I read that for some reason it's getting worse. Perhaps the economy or simply poor mothering by an ever increasing number of crack heads and drunks this is contributing to the problem. There was that one abomination of a mother in NJ who had her two small sons beat kittens to death in a park.

Our lawmakers look the other way, or try to. I don't know why the HS, the SPCA and PETA with it's $30,000,000 a year income doesn't get out there and fight for stiffer sentences for these vicious sociopaths. Why aren't these advocates getting together and getting lobbyists to fight for cats and dogs and other animals to be better protected? To give stiffer sentences to abusers and those who torture and kill animals? It seems to me all they all do is beg for money to pick up the pieces left behind by these psychopaths and sadists instead of using some of that money to fight for longer more serious sentences and therapy for these low-lifes.

Quote:
Animal abuse cases make me lose my mind. It doesn't matter whether or not the abuser will graduate to humans, hurting an animal is horrible in itself and must be severely punished. The laws are not tough enough for animal abuse cases and maybe if they were, it would deter some.

Animal abusers need to leave our planet now. We don't want them here anymore. There is nothing redeeming about them.
As I've said before. Sit them in the electric chair along with those who abuse, rape and kill children and I'll happily pull the switch. Like rabid dogs, these people, these sociopaths, cannot be cured. Removing them permanently from society is the only answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats