Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2013, 08:54 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times

Advertisements

I hope all the ladies here who have human offspring and/or "furbabies" were able to nicely celebrate, and be celebrated, today.
Late this afternoon I repeated something I did with Blaliko last year. So now I suppose it's safe to call it a tradition. On Mother's Day in 2012 she was still "staying one step ahead of the law" with the three kittens from her litter of six who had yet to be caught for adoption. And she herself wasn't spayed (her TNR ended up happening just ahead of the end of May.) Having recently bought three cans of tuna, I decided to use one for the occasion. By then she'd started to recognize her name. So that afternoon I carried an open can onto the back porch and called her. Most likely drawn by the scent more than hearing "BLA-LI-KO," she soon appeared and wasted no time demolishing the contents. Her voracious eating was sending the can all over the place, so I cautiously put my right hand against it to aid her feasting. For once she didn't head for the hills. As she finished polishing off the entire can I managed, for the first time, to sneak in some ear scratches before she ran away. (History shows that she relocated her family underneath my porch before the week was out, never to change her base of operations again.)
To commemorate that milestone as well as the day I again brought home a can of tuna. An opportune moment presented itself - Seteria was outside. But Blaliko had only taken a few leisurely yet eager bites, straight from the can, when her daughter materialized. There was no explaining why this special treat was only for Mom, so I divvied it up into the cat food bowls where it was soon devoured by both.
Here's hoping this tradition can continue for many more years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats