U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 08:35 AM

7,329 posts, read 15,755,259 times

Advertisements

I love the way kittens throw their whole body into it when something freaks them out.

Scared Kitten goes crazy! - YouTube
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 10:30 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,148,014 times
I can't watch the Video but will say all my cats love to watch lizards on the deck and back stoop. They seem to see them as animated toys.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:07 AM

7,196 posts, read 5,290,387 times
Haha! Those are some big lizards in comparison to the kitty! We have little anoles running around on our patio and our cat loves to stalk them from the safety of this side of the sliding glass door. She has caught a few babies that have somehow snuck into the house, but I think she'd be afraid of a big one like the ones in the videos!

Old 05-14-2013, 11:21 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,148,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Haha! Those are some big lizards in comparison to the kitty! We have little anoles running around on our patio and our cat loves to stalk them from the safety of this side of the sliding glass door. She has caught a few babies that have somehow snuck into the house, but I think she'd be afraid of a big one like the ones in the videos!
None here are larger than 8" body length. Most are small. We have those common brown post lizards and assorted skinks. When they get into the house, and occasionally a small one will, the cats try to play with it. I grab them and put them back outside. They sneak in under our old fashioned screen door.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:23 PM

9,631 posts, read 16,669,925 times
That video was hilarious! Poor kitty!

Makes me want to go get a kitten ... or two or three ...

Old 05-18-2013, 02:34 AM

30,027 posts, read 49,973,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Those appear to be Bearded Dragons, who are kinda big but usually super sweet & harmless. So they weren't going to hurt the kitty, and I had to LOL at his/her reaction regardless.

(and for the record, you can tell the kitty's more curious & playful than scared)

Old 05-19-2013, 07:29 AM

9,894 posts, read 17,505,501 times
That video is not funny. There is something wrong with the kitten's leg or shoulder, either the harness is too tight, or it is put on wrong, the kitten's movements are awkward and inhibited. I wish people would spend more time paying attention to their pet's comfort and health than laughing at them.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
That video is not funny. There is something wrong with the kitten's leg or shoulder, either the harness is too tight, or it is put on wrong, the kitten's movements are awkward and inhibited. I wish people would spend more time paying attention to their pet's comfort and health than laughing at them.
The cat was wearing a harness? I didn't notice that.

And for the record, I've seen kittens do those movements - kittens who weren't wearing any harness, and had nothing wrong with their bodies.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:05 PM

9,894 posts, read 17,505,501 times
The movements yes are normal for a kitten, but there is something wrong. Watch it again. There is something wrong about the way the kitten is using his right front leg. The harness is either too tight or on wrong, or the leg is caught in it some how.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
The movements yes are normal for a kitten, but there is something wrong. Watch it again. There is something wrong about the way the kitten is using his right front leg. The harness is either too tight or on wrong, or the leg is caught in it some how.
Ah, now I see it... thought that line was just part of his/her pattern, but it looks like a collar that was too big (and got caught under the leg). I'm sure the owner who's filming didn't realize that, and hopefully fixed the issue once they did!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats