Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 11:23 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,236,733 times

Advertisements

Tried cat fountains too but Orion's picky and wouldn't use them. I had one outside for the birds when I lived in the country and after the hurricanes when we couldn't keep the cats in while the house was under repair they all liked that but I found a large glass bowl with a low profile worked best. Joe doesn't put his paws in it like he does the bowls and no pool of water around it. It's an attractive bowl, 'hammered' frosted white glass - it began life as my salad bowl but I gladly gave it to guys as a fountain if it'll make them happy and solve the water everywhere issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 01:12 PM

2,216 posts, read 2,936,227 times
I always wondered why they never drank out of one of the water bowls until I saw a post on here months ago about having it away from the food bowls. Sure enough once I moved that bowl they started drinking out of it!!

I also have some that LOVE drinking from the faucet! As soon as I turn it on......they come running! I think I will try one of those water fountains like Greg has because I don't like to be away from a running faucet especially because they love to sleep in the sinks and the drain stop gets pushed down!!

Just wondering...mine seem to love to drink...whether it be at the bowl or faucet! I am constantly filling up water bowls. Is it because they are still young (1 year) and play so much that they become thirsty? Is this something that over time cats do less? I just don't see a a lack of thirst drive in mine.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:53 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,645,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
Just wondering...mine seem to love to drink...whether it be at the bowl or faucet! I am constantly filling up water bowls. Is it because they are still young (1 year) and play so much that they become thirsty? Is this something that over time cats do less? I just don't see a a lack of thirst drive in mine.
I always saw Amber drinking, especially with the fountain. Lack of a strong thirst drive is basically a relative thing overall about cats vs some other species. It won't necessarily mean you'll only rarely see them taking a drink.

Old 08-17-2013, 02:06 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,772,216 times
Can't say that I have, however, my cat doesn't appear to drink from her bowl, she prefers the dog bowl and fresh water...of coarse!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats