U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 05:34 AM

3,445 posts, read 5,557,352 times

Advertisements

I never had a cat before I found my stray. Little did I know they like to sleep with you. I was asleep the first time it jumped up on the bed and decided to lay on my chest. I woke in horror thinking someone broke into the house and was in the bedroom.

Now with one other I sleep with them walking and napping on me. I dont even notice it anymore.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 07:49 AM

37,424 posts, read 66,984,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
Whew!! Glad I'm not the only one to experience that. The first time it was unsettling.
I feel it, too, every now and then. Sometimes I feel it when the cats are already on the bed, and they show no reaction. So either they're OK with ghost cats jumping on the bed, or they're as dense as a hockey puck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I told my Son about this and he gave me a look like I was ready for the home.
My sister's kids look at me that way all the time.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:42 PM

19,722 posts, read 14,255,325 times
Chewy loves to hide and play tricks on you. He will jump out and scare the Bejesus out of you. Just cat humor, I guess ! If you saw this hiding under your bed at night it would get your attention too ! I think he is plotting against me.

Don

Old 08-23-2013, 11:25 AM

763 posts, read 1,406,862 times
Don't be so sure something odd isn't happening. I can't believe other people have experienced the same sensation that I have, that Ash gets on the bed when she's sound asleep in her cat condo in the living room. She doesn't jump, she climbs up the comforter with her claws and gets on my leg and walks up to my head, then annoyingly licks one spot until it hurts, purring away knowing she's torturing me, and I know she either wants food or a treat. Aside from the licking, I have felt this sensation at least 10 times in the last 2 years, and have been baffled, how could this be possible, never happened before I got Ash and it's not a subtle feeling, it's a 20 lb sensation. I've long felt our house has haunts, many over night guests have heard children laughing in the front yard, weird noises, cabinets/drawers open, eerie sensations that someone is there as the cats stare in the same direction, hearing deliberate foot steps in the attick and on and on. I just ignore it, it doesn't scare me, we live on the side of a ridge where native Indians lived, we find arrow heads and implements all the time, figure lots of people have passed on in our immediate area but this unique sensation that Ash is walking up my torso when I'm in bed is really strange.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:41 PM

19,722 posts, read 14,255,325 times
There are a lot of things we humans don't understand, some things have no explanation. Years ago we lived in Pennsylvania in one of those typical row homes that have about 10 feet between them. Our next door neighbor shot and killed his wife and then killed himself in the bedroom that our bedroom window faced. No one lived in the house for over a year after that happened but at night we would see a light on in that room sometimes.

I mentioned it to the property owner when he was there mowing the lawn one day and he said "That's impossible, we haven't had the power turned on since that tragic event ! " But sure as I am sitting here we saw a light on in that room on many occasions. It got so my Wife wouldn't look out our bedroom window, especially at night.

Don

Old 08-24-2013, 11:29 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,008,367 times
Yanno Don if you live in FL and you told this story to the wrong person you'd be sitting in a group like I have at work and I'd be asking, 'do you need to get numbers from your cell phone before I put it in the safe?' LOL

Cats are very smart and funny creatures I guess they wanted you to know they love you and miss you at night so come to say 'Hiya Dad, are you ok?'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats