Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 03:13 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,831,265 times

Advertisements

Ok, this is going to sound weird, but for the past year or so when I have been laying in bed at night to go to sleep I will feel something exactly like a cat jumping up onto the bed.......you know, that thud that you can feel. There is no mistaking it is happening, it is that obvious. Problem is, I do not allow our cats into my bedroom, it is off limits for them. It has happened probably 6 or so times and one night my arm was hanging off the bed and I felt something grab my fingers and give them a solid tug ! I actually got out of bed and went to the living room to see if one of the cats had sneaked into my room, but they were all sound asleep on the couches.

So, last night I get into bed and as I am falling asleep I feel a hard push on my back, and I almost jumped out of my skin. When I turned on the light Chewy was sitting there staring at me ! He evidently sneaked in when I went to the bathroom as he is very quick. I laughed like mad because I thought my "ghost" was back and was becoming more agressive.

That's one for Chewy, now I have to figure a way to get even !

Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 03:17 PM

400 posts, read 749,908 times
Good one, Chewy!

Old 08-21-2013, 03:23 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,239,314 times
Cats can float through walls, it's a well known fact.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:25 PM

819 posts, read 3,207,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ok, this is going to sound weird, but for the past year or so when I have been laying in bed at night to go to sleep I will feel something exactly like a cat jumping up onto the bed.......you know, that thud that you can feel. There is no mistaking it is happening, it is that obvious. Problem is, I do not allow our cats into my bedroom, it is off limits for them. It has happened probably 6 or so times and one night my arm was hanging off the bed and I felt something grab my fingers and give them a solid tug ! I actually got out of bed and went to the living room to see if one of the cats had sneaked into my room, but they were all sound asleep on the couches.

So, last night I get into bed and as I am falling asleep I feel a hard push on my back, and I almost jumped out of my skin. When I turned on the light Chewy was sitting there staring at me ! He evidently sneaked in when I went to the bathroom as he is very quick. I laughed like mad because I thought my "ghost" was back and was becoming more agressive.

That's one for Chewy, now I have to figure a way to get even !

Don

How did a cat grab your fingers?

Old 08-21-2013, 03:55 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,058,385 times
Many of us have experienced that thump on the bed after a beloved cat has died. It is quite unsettling.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdotAllen View Post
How did a cat grab your fingers?
There was no cat in the room, but something definitely grabbed my hand and gave it a tug, it woke me up. It reminded me of what it feels like when a cat is playing and grabs you with both paws and pulls. This is one of those stories you almost don't want to tell people because they think you are nuts, but I know what I have been experiencing. If it only happened once I would write it off as imagination, but this has been going on for a while. I say a year, but maybe longer.

It doesn't scare me any more, but last night when I felt that very solid push to my back it did get my attention !

Don

Old 08-21-2013, 05:15 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,349,138 times
Maybe you do have a ghost! =/

Old 08-21-2013, 06:06 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,058,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Maybe you do have a ghost! =/
Or very aggressive Dust Bunnies!

Old 08-21-2013, 06:17 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,037,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Many of us have experienced that thump on the bed after a beloved cat has died. It is quite unsettling.
Whew!! Glad I'm not the only one to experience that. The first time it was unsettling. Now it's kind of comforting. I've even heard them going up and down the stairs.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:34 PM

The first couple of times it was a little eerie, but I have just come to accept it because it doesn't seem harmful in any way. I told my Son about this and he gave me a look like I was ready for the home. I'm not normally one to get involved with stuff like this, but it is just so obvious when it happens that there is no mistaking it. I can be laying perfectly still and it is exactly like a heavy cat jumps right up onto the bed. Very strange.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats