Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2013, 07:40 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,054,358 times

Advertisements

Just got my pellet insert installed in my fireplace this past week ... I am loving it (the oil furnace has been off this whole week, yay!!), and so are the kitties!

Here are Annie and Berkeley being heater hogs ...

I always know where I can find them these days, lol!

Anyone else have heater hogs for kitties?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 08:04 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,997,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Just got my pellet insert installed in my fireplace this past week ... I am loving it (the oil furnace has been off this whole week, yay!!), and so are the kitties!

Here are Annie and Berkeley being heater hogs ...

I always know where I can find them these days, lol!

Anyone else have heater hogs for kitties?
Love the picture! I've seen cats lounging on top of similar pellet stoves in Vermont. It's such a trip.

We don't have a fireplace. Bobbles seeks out the computer modem for heat. Or my chest. She spent the majority of last night on my chest while I was sleeping. She's still under 4 pounds. I'm wondering if I'll be able to breath when she's full grown. The weird thing is she doesn't seem attracted to our big iron radiators. They look perfect for lounging in warmth, but I guess the modem has a heartbeat.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:22 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,825,951 times
Cats love warm places. Our 3 lay in the sunshine on the lanai all day long. Even when we are napping on the couch, Chewy and Lucky are on top of me but Daisy is generally totally under the blanket. Not sure how she breathes under there, but she seems to like it.

Don

Old 11-02-2013, 08:33 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,997,463 times
I'm trying to encourage Bobbles to go under the blankets, hoping she will be more subdued under there. She just wants to attack my feet though. The Basset loves being under the covers. Sometimes he does need to come up for air. It's comical because there's a sudden ruckus, his head emerges, and he flops over like he is relieved to be out of there. Instead of air, I really think he gets overheated under there but he loves to burrow. It's a quandary for him.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:42 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,054,358 times
My little Annie is ALWAYS cold ... her fur is not thick at all (unlike her twin Berkeley's). She will take naps under lamps that use the old-style bulbs, even in the summer!

Back to the insert ... it's so funny to walk into the living room and see Annie and Berkeley lounging right in front of it with the other kitties lined up sleeping on the backs of the 2 sofas! I will have to grab my phone to get a photo of that too!

Old 11-02-2013, 09:16 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,643,570 times
I don't know if I can find them but somewhere I have pics of Amber with the HVAC vent. The vents on the main floor of this house are in the floor. In the winter, sometimes she would lie on top of it. In the summer, she would sometimes sit near and put her head in the A/C stream.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:31 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,047,287 times
Oscar likes to lay right in front of the vent in the kitchen which unfortunately is right under the sink. He is always in the way and even when we push at him with our feet he won't budge. I call him the Heat Hog. I'll try to get a picture. For some reason Langley just isn't interested but Oscar is much more of a people person and always wants to be around us. the kitchen is our busiest room in the mornings and he knows it.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:02 PM

24,470 posts, read 10,793,748 times
May I join them please? But - I am neither furry not a contortionist. OK, not qualified:>(((
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats