U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2013, 08:45 AM

10,911 posts, read 9,143,904 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering what some of you have been trained to do by your cats.

I have been trained to not take even a quarter of my bed, to respond immediately when food is demanded. In addition to responding to the food demand, my Luke has trained me to put the food out and then find him, pick him up and carry him to his food. Mind you, he is always hungry but insists on the royal treatment of being carried to his food. At other times, he could not care less if he is picked up or not.

How about you other trainees?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 11:41 AM

9,120 posts, read 8,144,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
I was just wondering what some of you have been trained to do by your cats.

I have been trained to not take even a quarter of my bed, to respond immediately when food is demanded. In addition to responding to the food demand, my Luke has trained me to put the food out and then find him, pick him up and carry him to his food. Mind you, he is always hungry but insists on the royal treatment of being carried to his food. At other times, he could not care less if he is picked up or not.

How about you other trainees?
Oh my, that could be a rather lengthy list for me, as I tend to cater to their every whim more than I should. But here are a few that come to mind;

*My lap shall be open and available for use at all times, regardless of any important things I might need to do. This includes using the toilet.

*Never assume the flavor of food I'm opening on any given day is the CORRECT flavor for that PARTICULAR day.

*The bed is not mine, it's theirs... period... end of discussion.

*The upholstered furniture is theirs... period... end of discussion.

*Window blinds will be UP at all times for kitty tv.

*All interior doors will be open at all times... or else.

*All horizontal surfaces will be kept clear of anything that attracts cat hair, or anything breakable.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:03 PM

18,842 posts, read 35,667,153 times
There is a show in Vegas with trained cats, at the Miracle Mile. I am probably one of the crazy people who actually goes to it. The guy is from Russia, and the tricks are pretty amazing.

Jasper will jump up on a stool by the table, on command, but it is usually when we are sitting there, eating, and he knows this is how he will get some.

I call it our ''Siegfried and Roy'' show.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:02 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,091,680 times
I'm sure it's going to be a long list, I'll probably think of things later because I'm so accustomed to doing them that I don't realize that I'm Abby Normal, LOL Here's what I thought of as I read this thread:

Joe has trained me not to use anything that is black - my wallet is bright blue, my phone has a red cover, so when he relocates it I can find it.

I ALWAYS close the closet door, that way there's no chance someone will get locked in.

Sheets must be changed on the same day every week, not the day before or after.

Look before you sit - pens, palm fronds and other objects may be stuck between the back and seat of any chair, another Joe lesson.

Check shoes for foreign objects before inserting foot - we had a cat who put a dead mouse in my fathers' shoe. It was absolutely hilarious. My father was a fastidious person and almost fainted when he realized what was in his shoe!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats