U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 10:46 AM

36,503 posts, read 47,661,399 times

Advertisements

This picture made me LOL. Mine pounce on my full bladder every morning to demand breakfast.

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 11:13 AM

14,429 posts, read 28,094,093 times
Snickers whines and whacks me in the face at 3am, so I have to get up.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:13 AM

43,012 posts, read 98,235,742 times
My Persian would wake me up for breakfast like clockwork. I didn't need an alarm clock---until I realized she didn't know about daylight savings time and I woke up an hour late one day.

Luckily, Bobbles and the Basset wait.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:23 AM

112 posts, read 254,926 times
Lol cute pic!

My previous cats would wake us up. The one would just come sit on my chest if i took too long waking up (and he wasn't light!). Luckily my boy now just waits.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:41 AM

3,445 posts, read 5,413,506 times
Close your bedroom doors. Problem solved.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:05 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,928,493 times
Right close the door, LOLOL My colleague has a dog and closing the door doesn't work with him either! Dog whines and snuffles on the other side of the door and if that doesn't work he knocks things off of the table next to the door. Fur friends are smart and will employ whatever means necessary.

My guys wait patiently for me to get up but I usually wake around the same time daily so it's not an issue.

I had one cat that would wake me then run to the end of the bed and duck. He knew missiles would soon fly - toilet paper roll, a squirt of saline, a rolled up sock - never deterred him. He'd just go into the hall and yell. Then into the bathroom, my next stop, yell some more - the off to the kitchen and you know it - more yelling. By then I was more or less awake and ready to feed him and make coffee. It was our morning routine but when my new b/f who would become my husband first slept at my apartment and saw me gathering my 'weapons' he said he had serious second thoughts! LOL

Old 11-04-2013, 12:25 PM

2,187 posts, read 3,995,422 times
Yes, our bedroom door is always closed but Peanut (and about 21 of his close personal cat friends) crowd around the door and meow loudly and thump on the door in a random beat that I can even hear with earplugs in. Sometimes we let Earl sleep in the bedroom with us and he'll wake us up by making biscuits on our bellies - he's not necessarily hungry but he's awake and wants smoochies and then he wants to go to the litterbox. If one of the group in the hallway hears movement inside the bedroom - it's game over - SOMEONE is going to go out into the kitchen and feed the troops - and it's always me!!!

Old 11-04-2013, 12:28 PM

36,503 posts, read 47,661,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Close your bedroom doors. Problem solved.
The bedroom door IS closed. They are locked in the bedroom every night so they don't bother other family members and so they don't knock off everything little thing they can get to!

Old 11-04-2013, 12:36 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,928,493 times
See? Close the door and PAY!!! LOL

I leave it open just far enough so everyone can come and go as they please. Joe sleeps on the bed and doesn't move around much, it's the dog that gets on and off the bed. She's a sentry and makes rounds. Orion of course is not easily pleased and if Joe sleeps in the wrong place there's no peace until he moves.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:02 PM

369 posts, read 654,068 times
LOL. Toby lets me sleep. Neptune will climb on top of me, paw at my face, and the worst, scratch at my eyelids, to wake me up. I started wearing one of those fleece headbands meant to keep your ears warm over my eyes to stop him, but sometimes it slips off while I'm sleeping. If he would just wait until 7:30 when I have to get up for work I'd probably appreciate it, but he'll start as early as 5:30 some days, most days by 7 he's at it. And closing the door isn't an option. They like to sleep with me (and I like to fall asleep with them near me) and if I close the door at night they both sit in front of it and yowl their hearts out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats