Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 07:01 AM

10,032 posts, read 17,966,656 times

Advertisements

This is why I have to constantly fluff the pillows on 2 matching sofas in the living room ...

(That's Einstein aka Eini!) The wood pellet fireplace insert is in there so it has become the kitties' favorite room (it is SEVEN DEGREES outside at the moment but the living room is toasty warm! ) ... there is something about these pillows that they love! I think the pillows must be like Termpurpedic mattresses for kitties ... they conform to the kitties' bodies! (lol, that's just a guess!)

What are your kitties up to today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 07:31 AM

24,125 posts, read 10,449,310 times
Quit rearranging their beds mom:>)
ShadowCat is watching kitty TV aka wandering from window to window. Cha-Cha is ready to deal with some freshly ironed clothes.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:21 PM

6,802 posts, read 9,008,540 times
When we moved into our current home 4 years ago, our shy cat, Donald, decided to sleep on top one of the couch cushions in the living room. He rotates between that and the bed in the master bedroom. We keep a blanket on that cushion now just to make him comfortable. We clean it and replace it when needed.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
... We keep a blanket on that cushion now just to make him comfortable. We clean it and replace it when needed.
Well, OF COURSE you do!

Sometimes I think that just about everything in my house is "optimized" for my kitties' comfort. ("Sometimes"? "Just about"? )

Old 12-02-2013, 08:37 AM

369 posts, read 755,987 times
Aww, that's adorable!

Old 12-02-2013, 03:58 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,554,397 times
Hehe....Eini probably has the same pic on his CatBbook page with the title of "this is what I have to do cause Mom is constantly fluffing my pillows"....poor lil' guy works so hard and then you come along with your level and square thing and have to make everything perfect again!!!! (That's kinda what my hubby tells me cause I'm the one constantly fluffing and picking up around here!!) My kids are in a perpetual state of either messing something up, making a mess, wrasslin', sleeping or preventing someone else from doing it, eating or evacuating something they already did eat, or just being adorable!!! I can talk smack about them but nobody else is allowed to - that's the rule!!!!

Old 12-02-2013, 04:41 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,920,807 times
karen_in_nh_2012 , that picture is a classic. LOL for real! (Don't they look sweet when they're asleep???)

Scooter loves to sleep on the sofa cushions as well. No matter how many times I explain that I don't want his hair all over the sofa, or how many times I tell him he's squashing the cushion, he just seems to forget!

He has a new cardboard box under my desk these days, (lined with his favorite paper, of course) and that's where he spends most of his time, whether I'm here or not.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanD'Arc View Post
karen_in_nh_2012 , that picture is a classic. LOL for real! (Don't they look sweet when they're asleep???)

Scooter loves to sleep on the sofa cushions as well. No matter how many times I explain that I don't want his hair all over the sofa, or how many times I tell him he's squashing the cushion, he just seems to forget!
lol, he just smiles at you and YOU forget what you were chastising him about, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanD'Arc View Post
He has a new cardboard box under my desk these days, (lined with his favorite paper, of course) and that's where he spends most of his time, whether I'm here or not.
Yeah, my kitties love cardboard boxes too ... here's Annie in my messy dining room (actually it wasn't messy 'til the cats knocked some stuff over, but that's another story ...)

Thanks for posting!

Old 12-09-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
lol, he just smiles at you and YOU forget what you were chastising him about, right?

Yeah, my kitties love cardboard boxes too ... here's Annie in my messy dining room (actually it wasn't messy 'til the cats knocked some stuff over, but that's another story ...)

Thanks for posting!
Your kitty is totally adorable!

Scooter's attitude regarding any chastising is more along the lines of "What the heck is the problem??" He saves his smiles for when he gets what he wants. Like chowing down on oat grass or dinner, when he's in his cardboard box digesting!

Did you know there is a youtube video of great cats enjoying cardboard boxes? If I can find it again I will post the name of it. I think it's Big Cat Rescue.

As for Scooter's box, I took a picture of it but all that can be seen is the outside of the box and a big black space inside. He's a tuxedo cat. And he is sleeping with his head tucked in, so no reflective eyeballs staring back out right now.

If I can figure out how to post the pic I took, I will do that.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:13 PM

Karen,
I am trying to figure out how to post a picture from my computer... no luck yet but I will keep trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats