Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 02:57 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times

Advertisements

Something something something prove a negative...

There is no evidence that this actually happened. There exists no *article* from the news media. There exists no *news* from the Hardin police department. There exists no info even on the PETA website - and you KNOW damned well if this had actually happened the national news would be outside the Hardin Police Department building, to make sure that the story of protesters from PETA was covered.

It is more likely someone who

1) was bored and wanted to create trouble where none previously existed
2) is a total basketcase who tried and failed to get a job in Hardin somewhere and created this fantasy horror story to get even for the world plotting against them
3) some different type of basketcase whose boyfriend/girlfriend is the son/daughter of a cop in Hardin and they broke up and he/she is OMGWTFBBQ so mad and made this up to get back at boyfriend/girlfriend by getting his/her parents in trouble
4) aliens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 07:14 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,989,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
Anyone can post on that "wall" part of their Facebook site though. That is not content from the TV station. And after scrolling through all the recent snow pictures, I found the one in question, and it was posted there by just another Facebook user. Perhaps that was done with good intentions by someone who assumed it was real, but it doesn't suggest in any way that it's not a hoax.
It may or may not be a hoax. I have no way of knowing. But when I looked online for the story about the cat burned by some psycho-case just outside of Murfreesboro TN, I didn't find anything online either. Does every act of cruelty to animals have the more local online newspapers and TV stations and online papers do a piece on it? Is there any evidence they do? I can only hope it's a hoax.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:39 PM

2 posts, read 31,695 times
Angry Backwoods cop laughs when man drags cat tied to truck

The cop should be fired,the story needs to be spread.The man should be arrested and do hard time. Anyone in law enforcement should know about animal torture being a red flag, a precursor to violent sadistic crimes. I recently read that Tennessee is the # 1 most dangerous state to live in. Not surprised with cops like that. I'd call major news stations-never mind backwoods Tennessee. Call Letterman,Leno, look in the government pages and just get the story to someone who can do something. Start a petition, post it on facebook-if people don't find out about this nothing will change and neither one of them will be punished. Tennessee will have another serial killer in the making. What is the cop's name? The cruel man's name? When did this happen,what town? It's outrageous and needs to be out there for everyone to see.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:18 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcat111 View Post
The cop should be fired,the story needs to be spread.The man should be arrested and do hard time. Anyone in law enforcement should know about animal torture being a red flag, a precursor to violent sadistic crimes. I recently read that Tennessee is the # 1 most dangerous state to live in. Not surprised with cops like that. I'd call major news stations-never mind backwoods Tennessee. Call Letterman,Leno, look in the government pages and just get the story to someone who can do something. Start a petition, post it on facebook-if people don't find out about this nothing will change and neither one of them will be punished. Tennessee will have another serial killer in the making. What is the cop's name? The cruel man's name? When did this happen,what town? It's outrageous and needs to be out there for everyone to see.
It's pretty obvious that you have absolutely no idea what happened, and haven't read the whole thread. If you had read the thread, or had any idea of what happened, you'd know it didn't happen in Tennessee. It supposedly happened in Illinois, in a town called Hardin. But there is no evidence that it happened at ALL, let alone in the place it was alleged to have occurred.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:31 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Drive by shooting comes to my mind

Old 12-08-2013, 10:48 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,066,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Drive by shooting comes to my mind
What?!! Did you read anything in this thread?

Old 12-09-2013, 12:14 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Nobody ever reads anything in a thread. I get yelled at a lot because I don't immediately start calling for someone's head, but it usually because I'm too busy looking for a source.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:24 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,989,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcat111 View Post
The cop should be fired,the story needs to be spread.The man should be arrested and do hard time.
That doesn't happen often here in TN. And the incident happened in Hardin IL, not TN. I will say this, our cops are known as the "Keystone Kops." I myself posted two PERSONAL bad experiences here about how they refuse to act on cruelty cases. One was a starving horse and the other 2 kittens dying from the heat in a carrier in the back of a pickup truck on a 96F day. For the police to act here and in many small town and rural areas it has to be something sensational like those puppy mills that make the radio and TV stations. A case where people get the Humane Society involved.

Quote:
Anyone in law enforcement should know about animal torture being a red flag, a precursor to violent sadistic crimes. I recently read that Tennessee is the # 1 most dangerous state to live in. Not surprised with cops like that.
That's why we are armed to the teeth. My husband also has a permit to carry his 45. Everyone out here in the boondocks has one or more large dogs. I'm sure we have good cops here too, but they can't do much on their own.

Quote:
I'd call major news stations-never mind backwoods Tennessee. Call Letterman,Leno, look in the government pages and just get the story to someone who can do something. Start a petition, post it on facebook-if people don't find out about this nothing will change and neither one of them will be punished. Tennessee will have another serial killer in the making. What is the cop's name? The cruel man's name? When did this happen,what town? It's outrageous and needs to be out there for everyone to see.
All that information is posted earlier in this thread. This happened in Hardin IL, not in TN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats