Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 10:51 AM

36,499 posts, read 53,933,224 times

Advertisements

Love bites is first and Langley nibbles to show his love.

But I don't believe the peeing in bed. If this happens more than once kitty is off to the vet for urine analysis. Inappropriate peeing can be a sign of UTI- especially in males.

And My Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 12:05 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,839,661 times
I've only had a cat pee out of the litter box once. It was my pillow.

My Persian was mad at me for leaving her too long in a new apartment.

So believe the peeing one. It happens.

Bobbles does every one of the others on the list. The head butting is adorable.

She brings her stuffed animals as if they are prey.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:46 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,284,946 times
Jasper does none of these things. No biting, peeing, licking, or head butting. He sleeps in his own bed.
Maybe Bengals are different.

He does follow us around the house and comment on everything we do. Maybe he is supervising.

He does purr all the time, and kneads us to death.

Old 12-31-2013, 04:30 PM

30,226 posts, read 23,649,798 times
Any bites I get are because the cat is overstimulated. Which is such b.s. They put their fricken bellies out there to be rubbed, and then I get bit for it?

I get the licks. The sandpaper licks.
I get the hair eating, as well.
Sleeping next to me? Yah...I have a teensy, tiny piece of real estate on my bed because THEY hog it all up!

I get lots of head butts!

I actually learned about the slow wink when I was a little kid. I discovered it by accident. Our family cat was in the family room one day, sitting on the couch. I was walking out of the room, looked back at her, and she did that slow wink at me. I just mimicked her. She kept doing it, so I kept doing it. I found out, she really liked that. I do it to my cats all the time now....just to see how long it takes them to respond, or if they are going to look away in embarrassment.

And I do not want my cats' presents...they typically have 8 legs. The cats can keep them.

I guess my cats like me. Not that they would verbally admit it to anyone.

Old 12-31-2013, 04:47 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,839,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Any bites I get are because the cat is overstimulated. Which is such b.s. They put their fricken bellies out there to be rubbed, and then I get bit for it?
Those bellies are traps! They're like claymore mines!

Old 12-31-2013, 05:59 PM

24,245 posts, read 10,556,999 times
I get the nibbles in the middle of the night, only CHa-Cha has elected my legs as preferred sleeping spot, head butting - yeah!!!! Please no yellow on the bed!

Old 12-31-2013, 07:17 PM

41,885 posts, read 74,952,198 times
I get lots of head butts from Checkers. The late spouse used to kiss him on the top of the head; Checkers misses that, so he head butts me in the mouth. Smart kitty.

Cookie will head butt, but not my head. She'll butt my shoulders or arm or leg, but not my head; she backs away when I try to head butt her.

I also get licks and nibbles from both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Bobbles does every one of the others on the list. The head butting is adorable.

She brings her stuffed animals as if they are prey.
She loves you!

Old 12-31-2013, 08:23 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,310,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Those bellies are traps! They're like claymore mines!
Whenever any of my guys roll over and offer me their belly, I always feel like maybe they're testing me....to see if I'm really as dumb as they think I am. Bad part is I usually fall for it anyway because it's sooooo hard to resist.
FYI- band aids are cheaper in bulk quantities.

Old 01-01-2014, 12:29 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,284,946 times
Jasper does "head butt", but only my coffee cup, when I am dressed for work.

Old 01-01-2014, 12:31 PM

1,132 posts, read 2,231,086 times
Scooter reaches out - literally, he touches me with his paw and sometimes will bring my hand to his head so I'll pet him. Very sweet. He also talks to me, he sits on the enclosed porch and greets me when I return home. Head butts and licks too.

Joe brings gifts, often leaving them on my pillow. bites and head butts, he also will fall down and offer his belly then grab my hand. He doesn't bite hard anymore, never scratches. He's always ready for a head butt or petting.

Orion head butts a lot, never licks, or bites. He likes to sleep next to me, he cuddles up next to me near my shoulder. Last night he allowed me to pick him up and curled up in my lap. He's only done that a few times in the 12 years I've had him, I think it's because he's so big he barely fits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats